Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2021, FJC, Cement Grey, A/T
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Sam, and I am the proud owner of a 2021 FJ Cruiser grey cement that I recently bought brand new (sorry for my American fellows - stuck with the used (to very used) market of FJ's...)...

I previously owned a Y62 Patrol (known as Armada in the US) - loved this car, but realized it was not adapted to the usage I have ; work commute and...desert driving! Hesitated between a FJ and a Rubicon for a while - then I remembered the Rubicon is a Jeep so... Went for the Toyota badge ; reliability, dependability, good after-sale service, spare parts availability (can be an issue here in the Gulf), and an overall good resale value if I ever want to get rid of it...

Since I picked it up from Toyota dealer about a month ago, I have not done much to it ;
  • BajaDesign XL80 mounted on the grill,
  • SwitchPro9100 - which currently only has the 2 XL80 plugged onto it,
  • 2" spacers (not installed when the below pictures were taken),
  • Headlights upgrade - LED bulbs in the factory housing,
  • Hitch receiver + shackle thingy (recovery point),
  • Replacement of all the "small" light bulbs by whiter LED bulbs (interior, plate, mirror lights,....),
  • 3M full tint (a must here...),
  • Jeep style seat organizer mounted on the back of the passenger seat,
  • ARB track system mounted in the cargo area to organize my stuff, FrontRunner wolf pack and flat pack boxes,
  • Pure FJ bundle for the storage ; both the "box" in the dashboard and the spot between the gear selectors and the console,
  • Fuel cap with key (still cannot realize how come a car can come without lockable fuel cap nowadays...),
  • "backpack" on the spare tire to put my trash, wood, and whatever I do not want to carry in the cabin when going in and out of the desert.

Right now, I am thinking of ;
  • Method wheels ; 314, 703, 305 ?
  • APEX precision valves - for easy deflation before desert adventures,
.... And when finances will allow, a 3 inch lift kit for which I will very likely require the inputs of the members here...

Happy to be part of the biggest FJ community!

Few pictures of my ride
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Ecoregion

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel

· I Have a V-8!! Moderator
77,418 Posts
Welcome!

· Banned
790 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, BC! Great looking FJ (but then, aren't they all great looking?); you've already done a lot to it. And yes, if and when you decide to lift it you'll get a pile of different opinions on how (and how much) to spend your money! ;)

· Admin
6,858 Posts
Welcome from the UK. Great pictures of your FJ in it’s natural habitat.

· Premium Member
17,673 Posts
Welcome aboard!

· Registered
2010TT AT
1,823 Posts
Hi Sam687, welcome from Ohio!
Great photos!!
Congrats on the '21 FJ, somebody has to keep buying the FJs since we can't here. Glad it's you 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.