Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the new ride! Off road package, Sandstorm, Auto, and I am really happy after a year of thinking and researching.

I bought my blind spot mirrors a month before I picked up the truck, and those things have made me very happy already. The spiking gas prices kind of scare me, but I know that the fun factor is going to offset any fears I have.

Can't wait to get out on the trails. :)

This site has helped my search over the past year, so thanks to everyone for having this great repository of awesome information. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome. Those blind spot mirrors are a god send. Yes the gas prices are getting a bit scary and the FJs aren't exactly economy cars. Never the less enjoy!
Chuck:)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful and grazy world of FJ Cruiser. Congratulations for the new ride, it's an amazing and awesome vehicle. Enjoy the madness of this beautiful FJC jungle. :wave:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations! Still just as excited after a year and a half. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Congratulations and don't forget PIX.....please! :cheers:

Mike

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Dude, I have FJ number 5546........ I have loved him (CG) for almost 2 years now. Enjoy your ride and enjoy the madness!!!

Kim

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Congrats on the New FJ. Great color choice. Check out the Sandstorm thread in the Picture/media section

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh I've had mine for three weeks now, and I'm getting tired of it. It's looking a little old, dated, and 4-wheelin is no fun whatsoever. I miss my Jeep.

Ok I lie - like a rug!

This thing rocks! Life is good!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome!! I have been thinking about adding a couple blind spot mirrors for the wife. I have been driving pickups and other stuff with blind spots for years so its not too big of a deal for me. Do you have a couple pixs of what you installed? Are they in a good location or would you have mounted them higher or lower on your mirrors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got back from the inaugural off road drive with the new ride, and now I have a bit of an issue. I have got this stupid grin that I can't seem to wipe off my face. Is this a permanent condition?

Seriously, though. Had a great little trip and the windshield wipers were great, handling was perfect and I had a real blast. I took some pictures, and will post them here. I also snapped a couple of shots of the blind spot mirrors install. There were a lot of motorcycles on the road, and being a biker myself, I know how big of an issue this can be. I just went to a local hardware store and just stuck them on. No thought was involved, and I would not change the position. Most review mention the blind spot as one of the biggest issues with this fantastic vehicle, and now that problem is eliminated. Unfortunately, I have to drive through busy areas to get to the trails, so this $4 investment gives me great peace of mind.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts