Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did Toyota's marketing department choose to name a color with a word that causes so many people to embarass themselves? Cavalry Blue, really? This blog is littered with Calvary (that is the place where Christ was crucified) and Calvalry. I am sure before too long Clavary. Clalvalry and Clavalry will join the list.
I suggest that future colors should include Bodacious Burgundy (to be mis-spelled burgandy), and 12-Gauge Barrel Grey (mis-spelled guage).

I am sure you guys can think of a few recommendations as well. :jester:

·
Registered
458 Posts
I saw in Toyota's own literature where it was referred to as "Calvary Blue". I hasd a really good laugh when I saw that. I wasn't sure who or what they were trying to market this to. Maybe there will be a "Cruisers for Christ" club.....

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Yeah it was in Toyota's literature. We were talking about it when the info first came out.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I'll bet the color was meant to have significance with the military uniform - "dress blues," which can be traced to the US Cavalry in the 19th century.

Someone didn't have a Webster's Dictionary in the marketing department, and thought they had it right because spell checker didn't flag it.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I get a kick out of all the people who refer to the 2008 Trail Teams Special Edition as "Iceberg White".

The Toyota sales brochure called it that color.

But the "BUILD MY TOYOTA" and every on-line reference referred to it as "WARM WHITE".

The Monroney window stickers clearly refer to the color as WARM WHITE.

Nevertheless, there have been hundreds of threads on this site since 2008 that refer to the 2008 TTSE as Iceberg White when the color was actually Warm White.

NOTE: Toyota has\does sold\sell an Iceberg White FJ. But the 2008 FJ TTSE was\is not Iceberg White.

Also: Iceberg is spelled I-C-E-B-E-R-G. Not i-c-e-b-u-r-g.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Number Two Brown

They can't mess up the spelling of that one very easily.

The theme song for this color FJ Cruiser would be the parody for the song 'The Humpty Hump' called 'Take a Lumpty Dump' :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts