Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
The procedure is in the manual.
Yes, Marlow28 - really. You didn't leave the dealership without your owner's manual did you?

A.W.D.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eh, i'll jsut let it blink. I don't care enough to actually read. And if it requires me to drive in circles, i'll never do it - I have major inner ear issues. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have this too after i was playing around with the battery off and i have tried reseting it and i even tried turning the battery off again and reseting it again but it just says Er and wont stop blinking any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i have this too after i was playing around with the battery off and i have tried reseting it and i even tried turning the battery off again and reseting it again but it just says Er and wont stop blinking any other ideas?
See the above posts. READ THE OWNERS MANUAL. The procedure is in there.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
From the Maintenance Repair Manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
You also drive a Bugatti, right?

Drive (left) in a tight circle fifthteen times. Reverse (right) in a tight cicle ten times. Turn radio on and off five times. If this doesn't work check with your closest Pepboys.

·
Registered
876 Posts
eh, i'll jsut let it blink. I don't care enough to actually read. And if it requires me to drive in circles, i'll never do it - I have major inner ear issues. :)
Wow...

If you're serious, trade in your FJ immediately for "a pair."

A.W.D.

·
Registered
101 Posts
See the above posts. READ THE OWNERS MANUAL. The procedure is in there.
i know how to to reset it it just says Er after i do the resetting and then goes right back on blinking

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Straight from the 2008 Owner's Manual:

Deviation Calibration

Step 1: Stop the vehicle where it is safe to drive in a circle.

Step 2: Press the SET button until a number (1 to 15) appears on the outside temperature display.

Step 3: Press the E/M button, and referring to the map above, select the number of the zone where you are. (There is a zone map in the owner's manual showing the 15 different zones on page 253.)

Step 4: After calibration, leave the system for 6 seconds or press the SET button for about 2 seconds.

If the display returns to the outside temperature display, the calibration is complete.

Circling calibration

Step 1: Stop the vehicle where it is safe to drive in a circle.

Step 2: Press the SET button until the zone number appears on the outside temperature display.

Step 3: Push the SET button. "--" will start moving.

Step 4: Drive the vehicle in a circle at 5 mph (8 km/h).

If there is not enough space to drive in a circle, drive around the block until direction is displayed.

When the compass display returns to the outside temperature display, calibration is complete.

When circling calibration fails, Er is displayed for 2 seconds and them COMPASS flashes. It also flashes when circling calibration is not completed.

If you want to cancel the calibration before it is complete, press the SET button for about 2 seconds.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You also drive a Bugatti, right?

Drive (left) in a tight circle fifthteen times. Reverse (right) in a tight cicle ten times. Turn radio on and off five times. If this doesn't work check with your closest Pepboys.
This procedure worked for me. Although, I did have to turn the left turn signal on while simultaneously completing step three (Turn radio on and off five times.). It took me three tries, but it worked!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts