Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuffy has just released the new FJ Expedition Partition. This partition was designed to work in conjunction with the Tuffy FJ Security Drawer and makes organizing cargo on top of the drawer more convenient and can be used as a pet barrier on top of the drawer.

Details at:

FJ Cruiser Expedition Partition

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is sweet...might have to look into one of those. If I buy one can I get the tuffy security box free?:jester:

Thanks for the positive comments, unfortunately, the boss still isn't authorizing any buy one get one free deals:lol:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
nice design. my only question is? does it mount only at the base of the partition atop the tuffy security box? if so i would add more to the top section an side, when your out there wheeling you don"t that flopping around back there??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice design. my only question is? does it mount only at the base of the partition atop the tuffy security box? if so i would add more to the top section an side, when your out there wheeling you don"t that flopping around back there??
Good point. The partition does mount just through the Tuffy box at the base, but it is super stout and doesn't really move around at all even when you grab the top and shake really hard.

·
Registered
458 Posts
can't you guys make one that is stout enough w/out any additives???? volkswagon and mazda have both provided a partition for thier vehicles that really put this one to shame....
I think you guys are qualified enough to provide a just partition that is all...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can't you guys make one that is stout enough w/out any additives???? volkswagon and mazda have both provided a partition for thier vehicles that really put this one to shame....
I think you guys are qualified enough to provide a just partition that is all...
I'm not sure I understand when you mention "additives". As it is, it's a pretty solid partition.
I looked up a Volkswagen partition that is plastic coated tube and secured by drilling into 6 places in the sides of the vehicle. It looks nice but I'm not sure how many folks want to drill permanent holes in the sides of their FJ?

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I'm not sure I understand when you mention "additives". As it is, it's a pretty solid partition.
I looked up a Volkswagen partition that is plastic coated tube and secured by drilling into 6 places in the sides of the vehicle. It looks nice but I'm not sure how many folks want to drill permanent holes in the sides of their FJ?
I wouldn't mind having something mounted permanently to my FJ that would keep the stuff in the back to remain back there. I have been on some wild roads in the past that would make stuff move around pretty good. And just ONE hard brake job....and most everything in the back comes into the passenger compartment unless it is tied down well....

·
Registered
458 Posts
sorry about the description. additive simply is implying on adding it to the storage box.
some of us are looking for a more stout partition that can hold gear in the back safely, and allow items to be hooked to it.
a "stand alone" product.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry about the description. additive simply is implying on adding it to the storage box.
some of us are looking for a more stout partition that can hold gear in the back safely, and allow items to be hooked to it.
a "stand alone" product.
Got it. We may make a stand alone partition down the road. The current partition is a result of requests from people who had the Tuffy drawer and needed some type of divider so we produced an accessory item to go with the drawer. Keep your eyes open for other types of partition in the future.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Tuffy has just released the new FJ Expedition Partition. This partition was designed to work in conjunction with the Tuffy FJ Security Drawer and makes organizing cargo on top of the drawer more convenient and can be used as a pet barrier on top of the drawer.

Details at:

FJ Cruiser Expedition Partition
Is this a dead product? Don't see it anywhere on your site and the hyperlink is dead?

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts