Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow FJer's

I'm David, and I finally pulled the trigger on my brand new (used) '07. Wanted one for awhile, but hadn't done anything about it. I've been looking around the forums for awhile before I bought it, and want to thank you all. Your excitement and zeal about your FJ's is quite contagious. I definitely caught what y'all have.

I promised the wife that I wouldn't make any major changes until it's paid for, but she knows me way better than that so here's what I've done so far. Toyota chose not to put some items in that I would've liked (map lights, interior lights bright enough to see the inside, etc...) That's where I've begun. Lifts, wheels/tires, roof mounted jet turbines and other necessities will have to wait to maintain some semblance of marital bliss.

Thank you to Lunkerbass for the idea of using GM Tahoe consoles for the FJ. I wanted to add a CB radio to it, so I ended up using 2 from late 90's Blazers. After much modification, they turned out right up to where my skill level would let them. Also, hats off to Bandi for the Bandi mount. I built my own along those lines, nevertheless the idea was inspired.

Look forward to meeting everyone someday, and maybe get this thing dirty.

David Smith (dmsmitty)

Here we are as soon as it got home.

2007 4x4

·
Premium Member
959 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your new family. :lol:

Bring the wife to the previously mentioned Meet & Greet and she will probably insist you start the mods immediately. My wife use to cross her arms, tap her foot and give me the look (you know what I am talking about) while shaking her head. She attended last years FJ Summit in Colorado and was hooked! We are now a two FJ family.

Make sure to post up if you are going to make the M&G and I will bring you a t-shirt and your first FJ decal. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,934 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Howdy!

-Greg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome to the madness
Indeed. I can already feel the control ebbing away. Only had it 2 weeks, and my wife was mad because I had the headliner pulled out installing an overhead console that I built.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/98086-overhead-console.html

I see this becoming an issue. What are you going to do?

Great forum here. MUCH more active than the Acura or Porsche forums. Looking forward to being a contributing member.

Cheers.

David

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
David welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kool...im just over at 35 and western center
Hey neighbor. Wild. You're less than a mile or two from me.

I am a bit depressed though. I don't have all the cool stuff to list in my mods bit, yet. I'll just do something like this for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
2007 4x4 with some stuff
0" lift
Has some tires with custom tread wear
Two headlight mod
D means drive
One-off scratch on the roof
Some custom stuff

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Welcome & I'm betting you will get to know us well.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for the warm reception.

I do look forward to meeting everyone, seeing your FJ's, and stealing all your ideas. Unfortunately, we're going camping next weekend and not coming back until Sunday. Hopefully next time.

I'll report back on how the FJ pulled the 4000# pop-up camper to Houston from Fort Worth.

See you soon.

David

1 - 20 of 25 Posts