Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta start somewhere.....

I bought a new FJC in March and attended to Great Smoky Mtn trailride in Tellico last month. Even though I have been messing around with 4X4s since 1960, this was an eye-opener seeing what can be done in the Tellico rock gardens. Actually I was surprised at how capable my FJ was at "it's a rock... get over it!". Having good spotters from the STLCA helped emensly. I have added ARB bull bar, sliders and 3" lift kit, lights, 33" BFG A/Ts and Warn 9000# winch (still a virgin). After my experience in Tellico's rocks I plan to add better skid plates and other drive train protection.

My FJ is sole daily driver so I can't get too carried away with mods, like 6" lifts and 35" tires. Also it is my tow vehicle for a 17 ft travel trailer that is my full time home. I have been on an extended road trip ever since retiring in January 2004. The past 3 years I have been exploring the west, Alaska and Baja in a Sportsmobile 4X4 camper van which re-kindled my interest in off-roading. I decided on something smaller to fit the mountain trails better, and an FJ was the choice.

Incidently I still have the van and an anxious to sell it and it can be viewed at sportsmobileownersforum/classifieds/2004 SMB for sale.

I hope to hit the road again soon and plan to hit as many TLCA events as possible during the next few months.

Alan "Ace" Brown
2008 Silver FJC
Grand Rivers, KY or "on the road".
Montana plates ACES FJ

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Hi Alan it was nice to meet you at Tellico during the '08 GSMTR.

I'm glad you joined the Forum. :)

It's going to be a nice ride this weekend at Coal Creek, hope you can make it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!:wave::cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Welcome aboard!