Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - proud new owner of a new 2010 FJ in Silver Fresco Metal. Very happy with it so far but need a couple of things. I'm new to the FJ world.

1. Roof Rack - factory roof rack or should I buy an aftermarket? What do you guys suggest? I prefer function over looks. The factory rack looks good but doesn't appear to be the all that good to carrying gear. All suggestions appreciated.

2. Running boards - with these, I prefer style over function. Recommendations?

Help me make my FJ rock! :rocker:

regards

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
For the roof rack, if you want function first, I would not go with the stock one. A number of vendors here in the vendor section have great selections and checking their websites, you can find the one that fits your function needs best.

Most of the same vendors have a selection of running boards and should fill your desire. If you want stock ones, just watch the forum on a regular basis. It seems virtually new boards come up for sale or give away with regularity.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
If you do not plan to do any offroading you will be fine with stock running boards or the predator steps. As much as we would like to sell you a new set, your best bet is to find some gently pre-owned ones.

Please check out www.trdparts4u.com for great deals on the ARB roof racks.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Mike-4,

It is easier to make suggestions if we know how you plan to use your new rig!

Oh, and Welcome!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than a part time daily car, I plan to use the FJ for light off roading, camping, fishing, etc. Nothing extreme. Roof rack would be used for camping gear.

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Other than a part time daily car, I plan to use the FJ for light off roading, camping, fishing, etc. Nothing extreme. Roof rack would be used for camping gear.

Regards
That's how it always starts.

My stock rack has done me well so far, but I have plans to do a baja rack or other???

The running boards do pop up for sale on here regularly. If it looks like you are going to spend more than $250 on them I would skip the running boards and get some simple trail-gear sliders. They will protect your truck from rocks and even door dings in parking lots.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Take a look at some build threads. It's much easier to chose when you can see pictures. When it comes to style, it's very personal. Welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
click on my buildup thread below and on post #5 you can see my rack and rock rails. I would go with an aftermarket rack like Gobi or baja as they seem to be able to hold a lot more weight and they look good to. As far as the rock rails go, I would just get an aftermarket set for protection and they look better than stock in my opinion. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts