Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I am about to be a 2nd time FJ owner.

I work for Toyota Motor Sales, and owned an FJ when I lived in Kentucky, but had to give the vehicle back due to relocation company move to come to Florida.

I ordered a 2011 Iceberg FJ yesterday. Since I am an employee, it takes longer to get. My wait time is about 3 months.

Specs:

Factory Options:
Convenience Pckg (CQ)
Upgrade Pckg (UR)

Port Installed Options:
TRD Exhaust (37)
Aux driving lights - bumper (3A)
Roof rack (3T)
1st Aid kit (3Z)
Rock Rails (5L)
All-Weather Cargo Mat (62)
Rear Door Storage (6D)
Emerg Assistance Kit (7R)
Towing hitch & wire harness (DH)
Armrest (EL)
Upgrade 16" TRD wheels and BFG All-terrains (WB)

I am looking fwd to its arrival, even though it's a long wait from right now. It will be worth the wait!
Look fwd to reading more on this site, and meeting new members!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Congrats! The wait is so bitter sweet, eh?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue Goose
Yes, the wait is brutal, but sweet all in one.
The worst part is I work here at the port, and see FJ's all day long, and even moreso when we get vessels from Japan.

I just want one, not all :)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Post some pics up when you get it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigStick
Definitely will. I see you are in Palm Harbor....I lived in Ozona for about 10 years, then parents moved to P.Harbor (Westlake Village).
Good to see someone from the area on here. I am in Jax, Fl now. Parents moved out of state.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
There are a few of us here in Jax (though I am not here at the moment). A few are well built and there are some good ideas and hands to help (if that's your cup of tea). Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
17,001 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THANKS everyone for the welcome, really appreciate it.

I am really looking fwd to being a 2nd time owner.

In case you were curious why I had to get my first one back is because most employees do the company lease because it includes insurance, maintenance, etc, for a lower price, so when you relocate, you have to keep the vehicle in the state it was registered in.

And I have some GREAT NEWS since writing yesterday. I was able to find an unassigned Iceberg FJ (unassigned - vehicle has no dealer to go to yet), on the Feb 8th vessel coming from Japan here to my work, so I am going to be getting it in 2 weeks rather than 3-4 months!!!!!! :) The best part about working here is I can watch them install the stuff on my vehicle - TRD exhaust, roof rack, rock rails, TRD wheels/tires, aux lights on bumper, and towing hitch w/ wire harness will all be done here.

Again, thanks for the welcome! It has been great to see what people have done to their FJ's, and what they recommend and not recommend doing.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats and welcome back to the gang.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts