Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This afternoon my wife and I drove away in our new 07 Silver FJ. Always loved the looks and really admired a friends. Long story short...we bought the dealer's fancy floor model they had tricked out with a 2.5" lift, 285 BFG's, Toyota brushguard and aux lights (unforturnately, didn't test out the aux lights before leaving and later find out they aren't working...will return after Labor Day for the fix.)

I really like forums like this...such a wealth of info. From 2002 to 2006, I owned an Avalanche and really found their forum useful and from reading this one it will be just as great!

I have a couple novice questions about my FJ that I know you can answer. But first a little info. I don't do serious off-roading, more like dirt roading on improved/semi improved roads - any road that will get me to the mtn.bike trail head or camp spot. I do a lot of winter driving to local ski resorts - obviously, I love to drive up when there is a ton of snow on the roads.

So my questions...

1. What are the preferred FJ traction tools (4H, 4L, RDiff, ATRAC) to use on deep snow (8"+) covered paved roads?

2. My FJ was manufactured in July 2007. Will the R. Diff lock and ATRAC work together? How can I test to see which is the case? Do these to features only work in 4L?

3. With 285 tires is there a noticable difference in MPG? How much faster will I be going vs. speedo reading?

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
1. 4hi...unless your going real slow...4lo....I wouldn't use the A-trac in snow..you might want a little spin if needed...locker if in 4lo
2. yes they will work together with a 07/07 build date and yes they only work in 4lo
3. My 285's at 75 miles per hour on the gauge say 76.5 on the GPS....so no difference really...

And the lights...I've seen a few at the dealer lots that weren't even WIRED!!! make them fix that

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,457 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Good color choice!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you, I definatly love the FJ! My wife and I looked in the included first-aid kit and were surprised they don't include any remedies or treatments for "sticker shock" or "buyer's remorse." Especially for what they charge for that "option." Just kiddin! We love it and don't have any regrets!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts