Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought myself a 2011 FJ, calvary blue, 6 speed manual. I'm a loyal Toyota owner, with a 2004 Tacoma as my last vehicle, and my husband has a 2010 Tundra.

I can't say enough wonderful things about my new FJ however. It's awesome! I've had my eye on the FJ since they first came out in '07, and with my brother begging me to sell him my Tacoma, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get behind the wheel of an FJ.

My only complaint would be the quality of the backup camera. It looks like I'm looking through a peep hole, and the picture is small on the rear view mirror. I suppose if I didn't have anything to compare it to, I wouldn't know the difference. But my husband's Tundra has the backup camera as well, and it's a much larger picture and a clearer image of what's behind me. It's not a huge deal, I was just surprised to see that the camera/screen wasn't the same as the Tundra. I'd be interested in hearing others take on the camera quality.

The lack of quality camera is far outweighed by all the amazing features my FJ has, and am so glad I bought it.

I've since named my boy, Tonka... my very own Tonka truck.

Robyn

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
welcome to FJ ownership!!! its awesome! Hey, about the backup cam...at least you have one! it wasnt offered in 07 when I bought mine. So, I just made mine bigger, and go backwards faster...people tendd to get out of the way! LOL. Congrats! have fun!

·
Premium Member
16,933 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Welcome to the Gang!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Congratulations on your "Tonka".

It is too bad Toyota did not do a better job on the backup camera, as visibility out the back is one of the biggest complaints of the FJC.

Alan

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang and congrats on the new rig.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Welcome.

:thinkerg: Your first mod will to get a better backup camera.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome to the FJ world! You're going to love it!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Welcome to the forum and FJ ownership! We love ours, too.

The rear view may be small but the quality is decent and it can be useful. It's just as useful off road for backing up or for ocassional Sasquatch surveillance. It may not show you what's approaching from the sides (always use mirrors) but it will save you from backing over something important or dangerous.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats on the new Tonka! Enjoy it.
I have had mine for 7 days now and have loved everyday of it.

Have a great time w/ it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts