Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
As soon as I have room again, I'm going to add that one to my signature. That's just hilarious!! :lol:

Some people just do a shelving system of sorts back there instead of drawers.

At first, when I started looking into the various options, I thought I wanted drawers, but once I mapped it all out, and saw how much space I would lose just from the drawers and the related rails/mechanism/whatever, and since plastic bins are very durable, I decided to go with a shelf.

Here's my page about that - includes some photos of the process as well as the finished product.

X2 :rocker:
There are a lot of us that will get together from time to time to work on things on each others' rigs. If you don't have tools yet and want to do some kind of project, create a thread in the Colorado section to check in there and see how much interest you might get first. You may find yourself with a couple FJers that want to get together to help.

Well, sweet! You must be pretty close to where I work then. I go for a hike in the mountains every day for my lunch break. Granted, it's a short one, but I still get out there for a bit. If you're close enough, and have an hour for lunch, perhaps we could do a lunch hike together once in a while (or sometime, save up and do an extended lunch break to go up to the Switzerland Trail for some FJ time).

You've definitely come to the right place :cheers:
I missed your post somehow. I do see a few FJ's really close to work. I even have another silver FJ in the parking lot so I ended up being number 2. I'll check out your shelf build as soon as I can. I usually work through lunch but I'd be willing to break tradition at some point and certainly down for hitting some local trails. :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I missed your post somehow. I do see a few FJ's really close to work. I even have another silver FJ in the parking lot so I ended up being number 2. I'll check out your shelf build as soon as I can. I usually work through lunch but I'd be willing to break tradition at some point and certainly down for hitting some local trails. :)

Thanks!
Cool.
Winiger Ridge (up Magnolia Rd. a ways) is closed for construction projects till August, but if you have never been everywhere on the Switzerland Trail yet, we could always find something to do up there. Lefthand is relatively close too, but that would have to be maybe a double lunch break type if thing.

Let me know when you want to do something, and we can schedule it.....maybe a week in advance to make sure calendars cooperate and all that.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Cool.
Winiger Ridge (up Magnolia Rd. a ways) is closed for construction projects till August, but if you have never been everywhere on the Switzerland Trail yet, we could always find something to do up there. Lefthand is relatively close too, but that would have to be maybe a double lunch break type if thing.

Let me know when you want to do something, and we can schedule it.....maybe a week in advance to make sure calendars cooperate and all that.
Sounds great. The only trail I have done so far is the first 1,000 feet of Rollins Pass. It was still snowed in when I went up there. I'm down for anything really. Just eager to get up there and have some fun. I need to get through paying for my tags before I will have a lot of gas money to play with. First time on a brand new vehicle and I should have set that money aside. Live and learn. :)

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Welcome Get_Lost! I thought I'd already stopped in here and said hi, but just saw that I missed it. I look forward to meeting you on Sunday. :)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
One more welcome. I think there is more information on this forum than Chilton ever had in any manual. So many creative people here too. Some of the mods I see make me want to get out in the garage and build something.:wave:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Welcome Get_Lost! I thought I'd already stopped in here and said hi, but just saw that I missed it. I look forward to meeting you on Sunday. :)
Thanks Jesster! Are you not camping up at the trail Saturday night then?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
One more welcome. I think there is more information on this forum than Chilton ever had in any manual. So many creative people here too. Some of the mods I see make me want to get out in the garage and build something.:wave:
Thanks! I know what you mean. I bought the FJ because it was capable enough for what I wanted and being on this forum for a short time already has me looking at tool storage in the back, lifts, LED lighting, bumpers, winches etc... just the sort of support group I probably don't need which makes it that much more fun. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Thanks Jesster! Are you not camping up at the trail Saturday night then?
It's become a pretty slim possibility, unfortunately. I won't know for sure until Saturday, but for now I'd have to say I'm out for Saturday night.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It's become a pretty slim possibility, unfortunately. I won't know for sure until Saturday, but for now I'd have to say I'm out for Saturday night.
Right on. I'm still planning on going but it looks like I might have the place to myself... or at least be the only forum member. Good thing for me I am easily entertained. :rocker:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts