Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I'm not breaking any cardinal rules here... But I just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself.

I just picked up a 2007 FJ that I am in love with! How have I not owned one of these before now?? Looking forward to reading all the reviews of aftermarket equipment, so I know the right goods to stick on the FJ.

I used to drive hardback HMMWV's for the USMC, so i know how to do some wheeli', but since I'm paying for THIS rig, I better ease back into it! :iamwithstupid:

Any recommendations would be much appreciated and i look forward to meeting a lot of you in the near future!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome :wave:

There is a ton of good information on aftermarket stuff. Once you catch the mod bug, you can never get rid of it :lol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome and look forward to seeing you out on the trail

·
Registered
204 Posts
Welcome. There's a run set up for Left Hand Canyon this Saturday if you want to break in your rig. It's about the closest trail to Longmont (takes me maybe 20 minutes to get there). Check the trail run announcement thread for details. Most of the trails are doable in a stock FJC. Looks like there'll be several rigs with a variety of mods to give you an idea of what you can do with yours. (Though if I decide to go, I'll likely take the FJ40 since the FJC just got a good workout in Moab.)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone!
Rob, I was told of a trail up Hwy 7, just past the Peak to Peak, Something School Road, have you ever heard of it?

Will scan below for the Left Hand run.

See you all out there!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome. There's a run set up for Left Hand Canyon this Saturday if you want to break in your rig. It's about the closest trail to Longmont (takes me maybe 20 minutes to get there). Check the trail run announcement thread for details.
Welcome to the forum, this run will be a good one to attend because there will be a lot of support. There will be a mix of vets with mod'ed FJ's and newbies with stock FJ's, good people to get to know for future wheeling adventures. :clap:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thank you everyone!
Rob, I was told of a trail up Hwy 7, just past the Peak to Peak, Something School Road, have you ever heard of it?

See you all out there!!
Bunce School Road in Allenspark: TrailDamage.com - Bunce School Road. Great trail to check out in the next couple of months but right now not the best choice, most likely more snow than anyone wants to deal with and it might be gated off for the winter season.

Left Hand Canyon: TrailDamage.com - Left Hand Canyon

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Probably see you around town.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Hope I'm not breaking any cardinal rules here... But I just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself.

I just picked up a 2007 FJ that I am in love with! How have I not owned one of these before now?? Looking forward to reading all the reviews of aftermarket equipment, so I know the right goods to stick on the FJ.

I used to drive hardback HMMWV's for the USMC, so i know how to do some wheeli', but since I'm paying for THIS rig, I better ease back into it! :iamwithstupid:

Any recommendations would be much appreciated and i look forward to meeting a lot of you in the near future!
Cardinal rules :lol:
Welcome to FJ life :bigthumb:

Welcome. There's a run set up for Left Hand Canyon this Saturday if you want to break in your rig. It's about the closest trail to Longmont (takes me maybe 20 minutes to get there). Check the trail run announcement thread for details. Most of the trails are doable in a stock FJC. Looks like there'll be several rigs with a variety of mods to give you an idea of what you can do with yours. (Though if I decide to go, I'll likely take the FJ40 since the FJC just got a good workout in Moab.)
beat me to it.
That'd be great to see you and the 40 out there on Sat., Rob. It's always cool to see different kinds of rigs go through the same spot, and it'd be good to catch up.

Thank you everyone!

See you all out there!!
Ya, and there are a few other trails up there in that same area as well....in fact, two of them even branch off from Bunce School Rd. (Ironclads and the Plane Crash trail). It's a great area for wheeling when the snow's gone.....and even leading up to that time of year, once the gates are open, it's sometimes fun to do a snow bashing run up some of them.

Welcome to the forum, this run will be a good one to attend because there will be a lot of support. There will be a mix of vets with mod'ed FJ's and newbies with stock FJ's, good people to get to know for future wheeling adventures. :clap:
yep :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts