Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just bought a 2010 FJ with 110k miles. This was my first car purchase. Sure I could have bought a new(er) 4runner but that is too basic. I love the look of the FJ and driving it is so much fun!

I am very excited to start this long journey with it. Any mods that I should I be purchasing first?

Thanks!
20200116_164650.jpg

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Welcome from Iowa.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like your take on it already, I traded my 19 Tacoma for my 1st FJ in October, 2010 as well, welcome!

I'm going cb 1st myself, in that process now, yes, somehow it's turned into a process, my SWR meter should be here tomorrow, GL, see ya round here! IMG_20191029_190824.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Welcome from Oregon 🙂

Dang, my first car was a clapped out 1948 Oldsmobile. Way to go, Trail Teams Edition - 1500 built in 2010

Mods. What will you be using your FJ for? Important for determining your mods

Take your time, read a lot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome from NC! I like the black wheels with the white paint. Unless you're doing serious off-roading I'd keep it mostly stock.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome from another Minnesotan! I'm in the west metro TC, like you apparently are :)

Check out the Upper Midwest FJ Cruiser group on facebook.

As far as mods, depends what you want to do with it...

·
Premium Member
16,493 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mods. What will you be using your FJ for? Important for determining your mods
As of right now, most likely daily driving and a little offroading nothing too extreme.

I am going to try and find some trails here in the spring time.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Welcome from Iowa.

I'd look into rust treatment if I were you (with us living in the "Rust Belt")

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor in WI. I'm no expert, had my FJ for just over 2 years now, so I will say I agree with the advice you get here - take your time with the mods. I do some basic trail riding so I don't need much (Cruisers handle trails like cars on the interstate). Enjoy your Cruiser!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from NC! I like the black wheels with the white paint. Unless you're doing serious off-roading I'd keep it mostly stock.
I think that is a good idea, might just do a few cosmetic things like blacking out the silver, adding a bull bar, led lights and maybe some fender flares, don't wanna over do it tho

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome from MN (Ham Lake).
First you should enjoy driving it.
Scour this forum to get help deciding what mods you want/need.
I am over in Plymouth, I see a bunch of FJ's around here😄wonder if any of them are on here

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I work in Plymouth! Near 6 and Xenium.

·
Admin
7,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
890 Posts
I'm not a great one to listen to but try to avoid the mod bug for a while. Live with it for a while to get to know what you want to do/enjoy doing with the FJ.

but first, I'd move somewhere the ground doesn't go all white and slippery for half of the year...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts