Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
First of all, since I'm new to the 4x4ing community in Phoenix, feel free to let me know of any groups or rides going on in the Phoenix area! 4 wheeling is like crack!

Anyway, for my intro. 28 years old, live in N Phx, just bought a 2007 FJ Cruiser of the Voodoo Blue variety. Has the option package 2 with rear diff lock and all that, came with a skid plate (thank god, needed that today), 46k miles, and doesn't look like it saw a speck of off roading dirt before I picked it up.

Definitely looking to add some mods to it, but those will come with time. Just enjoying the "new" vehicle feeling for now, and getting used to going from a Camry to a much larger vehicle...

If anybody has any pointers please feel free to share! Looking forward to talking FJ and such with everybody!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Kevin, congratz on your FJ purchase and welcome to your new family!!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
congrats! I love that voodoo blue! havent heard of any weekend events myself but am interested in some trail riding here soon

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know there are some rides every Friday night up off of Table Mesa Rd. Try

a z f j . o r g

There is a calendar of events, but I don't think there are any for awhile. I know there's one in August called Sedona Fest that I'm planning on going to.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Hey Kevin, welcome to the forum!! :cheers: :cheers:

I do a lot of 'wheeling in the areas north of Phoenix (Table Mesa, Bloody Basin, Bradshaw Mtn, etc.) . . . even in the summertime. I'll give you a shout the next time I go out.

As far as pointers for mods go, scour the forum for ideas. There's definitely no shortage of them. But, decent off-road tires (All-Terrain), some undercarriage protection (sliders, skids, etc.) and a collection of recovery gear (snatch-strap, D-shackles, HiLift jack, etc.) are good places to start.

And, if you'll be doing a lot of group 'wheeling, a CB radio of some sort is a must.

Looking forward to seeing ya on the trails. :wave:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Congrats and welcome! Check out azfj. I also try to go somewhere new every week. Whether it be oleary basin trail in flagstaff or over in payson on the.mogollon rim. I go somewhere different each week so hit me up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts