Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just recently purchased an 07 Black Diamond, 4x4, AT FJ and loving it so far! I've been lurking around the forum for a little while, so I decided to go ahead and join. Looks like you guys have some pretty awesome mods and I look forward to adding many of my own in the future.

Already have a few mods (iPod mount, console cover)...lol, it's not much, but it's a start.

I'm new to FJ's, but not to modding toyotas. The FJ shares my garage with a 99 solara 5 spd V6, authentic TRD lip kit, Diamond White Pearl, TRD s/c at 5.5psi, lowered on tein/tokicos, brembos + EBC Reds, injectors, fuel kit, wheels, custom y-pipe, greddy exhaust, infinity system, dvd, etc, etc. The list goes on and on! I've put a lot of time into that car and plan to continue my modding with the new FJ. Is the FJ s/c kit allowed under factory warranty? I plan to have one soon!

Anyways, I'll be around a the forums, and hope to start the modding soon! If you're around the Rochester, MN area, give me a shout! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Welcome to modfest, and congrats on the rig.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Congrats on your black diamond and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did that happen to be the Black one that was at Rochester Toyota? I looked at that one a few weeks ago when I was searching for my new one. I ended up buying a 6MT sandstorm from Underdahl in Winona last Thursday! Congrats on the new truck!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Did that happen to be the Black one that was at Rochester Toyota? I looked at that one a few weeks ago when I was searching for my new one. I ended up buying a 6MT sandstorm from Underdahl in Winona last Thursday! Congrats on the new truck!
That was the one that we initially intended on buying...but the deal fell through on account of an arrogant salesman that wouldnt budge on an inflated price tag. He wouldn't even throw in a passenger armrest and tank of fuel! We ended up going to Luther Chevrolet in Brooklyn Park, MN and got the exact same thing, with 8,000 less miles, for $1,000 less than what Rochester Toyota wanted! They acquired that particular FJ specifically for me, from Maplewood, after I found it on toyota's national used database, but tried to screw me on the price so I went elsewhere. They tried to tell me they "bought" it from Maplewood for $23,600 and couldn't budge on the price. I said that is unfortunate and moved on.

Too bad you're not still in the market for one...they now have it marked down to $21,900...$2,600 less than what they tried to steal from me! The huge price drop doesnt bother me at all, cause you have to trust the people you do business with and Rochester's arrogance made my decision very easy. I am a salesman as well and know that there is always a way to make negotiations work.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I've been a long time member over at solaraguy.com, but the FJ mod bug will certainly keep me busy here! I already have the AFE exhaust, Ram Brush Guard, trd intake, and aux lights on order...my wallet's floating away!

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the forum:bigthumb:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Welcome :wave: