Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm not sure how to present this other than to say I had an account, I built a new computer, attempted to port over my bookmarks, etc. and lost everything! With that said, I have dealt with nearly every issue and upgrade on my FJ using posts from other owners here on the forums - thanks to everyone that has helped me. Now that I have this new account I feel as though I should introduce myself and, more importantly, my Cruiser. I drive a '07 Voodoo Blue FJ with a 6-speed manual. It is starting to show the mileage at 195K+ and bits and pieces are being replaced as needed. Haven't done much yet, stereo deck upgrade, some basic interior lighting, custom exhaust and a lady in the Twin Cities was nice enough to get me a new rear bumper ;), (her car didn't fair so well I'm afraid - she was okay, her Sebring, not so much :oops:). I have started on completing the stereo build with new speakers, subwoofers (yes more than one), amps, etc. and front and rear camera, fog lamps, DRL (integrated to the front bumper wings), winch build, lift (the entire front suspension needs work), wheels, tires and a replacement/elimination for the spare tire...I haven't completely decided on what will replace the tire, although I have a few ideas :cool:. Looking forward to diving in once I can clear more space in my incredibly cluttered garage and get the heat fired up. I restored and drove a '83 FJ60 years ago, so this is my next (final?) Toy. While I miss my 60 series, it was old, in Wisconsin and the idea of trying find another low rust Land Cruiser was a daunting task. So here I am, a proud and happy FJ owner looking forward to stealing ideas from other Cruiser owners and learning more and more with each visit to the forums.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello from NC! I'm a newbie here also. I decide to buy an FJ Cruiser instead of a fj40 or an older landcruiser.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello from NC! I'm a newbie here also. I decide to buy an FJ Cruiser instead of a fj40 or an older landcruiser.
Yeah, I looked at a couple of old FJ series, even found a FJ45 Troopy in halfway decent shape...as always it had enough rust that it would have been a significant investment to make it worth the time and effort. I love my FJ and don't have to deal with the rust (well, not as much ;))

·
Premium Member
16,487 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome ‘in’, out of the lurking dark side to saying Hi, good to know you’ve found much here to assist in your years of ownership
Much appreciated Zeros - I am always finding knowledge and experience in the forums to help with my build. Like I said, not much of a build but it's mine :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi LSERECOIL, welcome from central Ohio!
Great 'in'tro post :) (y)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts