Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm excited to join this board. I've been lurking around for the past week or so review threads.

Two weeks ago I purchased a titanium FJ with upgrade package 2. So far I'm loving it. Only highway miles so far, but I'm hoping to take it off road in a few weeks here, once school slows down.

I'm from Pittsburgh, Pa but currently in my final semester in Mechanical Engineering at Penn State. I will be moving to Houston, TX after graduation for work.

This is only the second vehicle I have ever owned. Previous was Honda civic which I installed a custom turbo system myself, lowering springs and fair amount of other items. Quite a different ball game compared to the FJ, but I am trying to read and learn as much as possible. Most of the threads here have been a huge help.

I like the idea of having a warrenty, but like the civic I feel it will be pretty hard to not mod.

Here is what I am thinking of starting out with in probably order.
1.Sliders
2.Lift and Wheels and Tires
3. Skids

I will have a better understanding where I want to go with modifications once I get a chance to take it off road and read up through more threads. Anyways here she is...(pics are from an iphone in the rain so clairity isn't that great)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome! I get out to Penn State to take my Ducati to Kissell Motorsports for tune ups. Great set of guys there.

If you are going to be in Pittsburgh May 11, BeaveRun has a Dirt Days event that day. It would be great to get another FJ there.

Sounds like the modding bug has already bitten. Check out the Tech Articles for a ton of great info.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
glad to hear you made the jump..the group here are great. you need anything, any questions, these guys, and girls can help

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Good color choice!

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Yes indeedy, the mod bug has bitten you my friend!!! Get ready for the ride! The group here is awesome and has enough talent that you will quickly figure out that this whole place is your source for info. Someone here has the answer or will help you find it so don't be afraid to chime in and ask away!

WELCOME!!!

Kim

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful and grazy world of FJ Cruiser. Congratulations for the new ride, it's an amazing and awesome vehicle. Enjoy the madness of this beautiful FJC jungle. :wave:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm picking up an FJ in State College later this week. A buddy of mine works for the Chevy/Subaru dealer by the mall and they have an 07 that they're holding for me.

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Welcome to the off-road party FJNewb :wave:.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I've narrowed my slider choice down to two brands. Trailgear and Expedition one.

After reading through most of the threads it appears everyone who has Trailgears loves them. Tough to pass up for the price.

Expedition-One sliders I really like because of the steps they have. Those would be more friendly to my girlfriend when she's in high heels.

Tough decision, but I don't think I can go wrong either way.

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm picking up an FJ in State College later this week. A buddy of mine works for the Chevy/Subaru dealer by the mall and they have an 07 that they're holding for me.
Congrats. I love mine so far. I actually saw a Trail Teams SE when I was in Indiana, PA last weekend. It looked great...the black bumpers really go along well with the wheels.

I kicked myself for not holding out a bit longer to find a TT at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the madness :) Have you figured out what your second job will be to pay for mods? LOL It is an addiction that is hard to kick. If you are considering skids there is a group buy on Bud Builts I am running in the Group Buy section, take a look. Perhaps Cres can pick them up for you.

Enjoy your new rig!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hello and welcome!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the madness :) Have you figured out what your second job will be to pay for mods? LOL It is an addiction that is hard to kick. If you are considering skids there is a group buy on Bud Builts I am running in the Group Buy section, take a look. Perhaps Cres can pick them up for you.

Enjoy your new rig!!
Here is the group buy NCFJ is talking about.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/group-buys/57383-bud-built-skids-group-buy.html

I would definitely be willing to toss an extra set of skids in the back of the FJ on my way back up. If you will be in the Burgh area soon, It would be a great way for you to save some green off the top and get free shipping as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts