Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, Hello to everyone!

Sold my 1988 4runner and 2008 VW GTI and bought a 2010 Trail Teams FJ.

I've already used the Search function but am not satisfied with my findings.

Have a few questions:

1. Which exhaust should I get? Kind of between the TRD and the Magnaflow at the moment. Not really interested in Dual exhaust. Any others I should consider?

2. Are ARB front bumpers too heavy for the FJ and will they increase my chances of body bulge/fender rips?

3. When the hell are the oem rubber all weather floor mats going to be released?

Thanks for any help on these questions.

·
Admin
8,448 Posts
I have an ARB and have no rips and I've gone over some big bumps at speed (had to increase speed down a sharp incline to straighten myself out or else I would've rolled).

I hear Husky floor mats are very nice.... that's second-hand info as I have the 08 TT and have mats all around.

Good luck... and welcome to the FJ owner club!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I had a Magnaflow welded in place of the stock location and then cut most of the tailpipe for ground clearance. I love it! It's not too loud for everyday driving, but when you get on it hard, the sound is excellent. That would be my recommendation. The number for the one I have is 11226.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my research it seems that the ARB bumper is too heavy for the FJ unless you modify the suspension and I don't really feel like doing that. Too bad I love the look of ARB's. Looking into the Aluminess bumper. Too bad TJM doesn't make an aluminum bullbar for the FJ.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Hello and it seems good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts