Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a huge Toyota Family. Two Land Cruisers, a 4Runner, and now an FJ. I have always been a fan. Watched them for about 4 months and jumped on this 2008 TTSE the day it was listed by a private seller (in GA). He didn't know what he had. He only had it for about 6 months (first car he had owned in 22 years, from New York so he always took trains) and wanted something smaller so he got a 2 door Wrangler. The owner before that was the original owner.

Here are my questions. Do you think the air dam and lights on top are original to the car? The wiring is identical to the lights on the bumper. Same connections and wire covering. Also the diamond plate where it would normally be white, is that original? It is throughout the car. I would think that both of these things would be done as aftermarket, but with the wiring the way that it is I thought maybe it came this way. I saw another one online at a dealership in OH that had the identical set up inside and out, so I thought maybe this was a package you could get. Plus the air dam is metal and not plastic like the ones you see on ebay.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time!

Jonathan Scarborough

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
Congrats on your beauty

From the pics, roof lights look oem

Interior diamond is definitely aftermarket

Enjoy in good health

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
The lights and the airdam were an OEM Toyota Accessory....so basically factory. The interior diamond plate...not factory to my knowledge but could have been some dealer package.

·
Premium Member
16,371 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Johnathan,
I added the same diamond tread to my '11 (matches my vanity plates)
The diamond tread is an add-on that costs $$, it is a vacu-form type overlay applied over the original door cards & radio bezel.
Originals should be intact underneath, but I like the look personally.
it is applied w/ double sided tape & is plastic & fairly thin, so take care if you remove it.

D :cowsmile:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, USA!
Nice rig!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts