Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

My name is Mike, and I just bought my first of many with a 2007 FJ. First Toyota, first SUV, first 4x4, etc... I live in Texas and just never really had a need for such a vehicle. I am about to head up to the mountains of Colorado within the next few days to look at making a permanent move up there within the next year or so.

I had a 2005 Dodge Ram with the Hemi before this and made a few performance mods, so I'm looking to do some similar things to this. However, I'm simply looking at getting a little better performance with added fuel mileage. Not worried about the speed anymore. SO, I've already ordered an Air Raid air intake, and looking at exhaust. I was wondering if anyone had any input on the difference between using a Flowmaster vs. XLerator type muffler? I've got a shop here in town that will give me either installed for $125. Obviously I'm not worried about the sound... just looking for better flow, response, mileage, etc...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and whether that be about the exhaust or all around driving experiences with an FJ

Have a great evening,
Mike

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hey Mike, hello and welcome. Bring the cold stuff. I-70 over Vail was the pits today. Colorado has some great things for all. Let me know if I can help. The Colorado sub forum will be a great place for you to shuffle thru.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome Mike... congrats on the rig

·
Premium Member
16,984 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
...live in Texas...I am about to head up to the mountains of Colorado within the next few days to look at making a permanent move up there within the next year or so...
Welcome to the forum, and to FJ life :clap:

If you haven't yet, I suggest checking in at both the Texas and the Colorado sub-forums here on this forum.

Good luck with the move up here.....maybe we could help in the process.
Take care. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts