Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,:wave: I just picked up my 2011 FJ this week! It's gonna take a little getting used to. I traded in an H2 for the FJ. So far I love it! It handles pretty good on the highways despite all the negative reviews I've read. I'm getting back to my original toyota roots, I've owned 3 Toyota 4x4 Pickups and then trialed a bunch of other makes of trucks. Just bought it Tuesday and I'm already looking for suspensions lifts. Anyone have any suggestions? Should do it right from the start and go with a 6" lift, but then ya gotta change the wheels out. I was looking at the Procomp 3" (front and rear springs/shocks) lift. Anyone have their take on this lift? Is it worth it or go larger?:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Congrats and welcome! So it only took you 3 days to get bitten by a mod bug? :)

There are much better lifts then Pro Comp IMO :) I would look into Toytec or Icon. Expensive, but good stuff.. or EMU for cheaper but still very solid setup.

Good luck with your new ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your suggestions. Yeah I don't know what it is with Toyota's. I sold a 89 Toyota 4x4 a couple years ago, must have dumped about $30,000 in mods/upgrades. Hated to see that truck go, but that is what helped pay for the H2 that I traded in for the Fj.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats on the new rig and welcome to the gang.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts