Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers:
Even though i have been here for over 3 months, i just now got my first FJ! about a month ago i realized i just didnt have the funds for the 2011's and all but gave up when out of the sunday paper popped a 2008 with 39,000 miles on it at a Nissan dealership. If i wouldnt have known i wlda thought it was brand new, not a scratch, dent or mark on iit.. now to my first question;
upon lifting the hood, is there not supposed to be a cross bar that runs across the top of the engine from frame to frame? upon first examination, i was looking for the pinching and tears people were getting over their fenders and it didnt even come into my head until today? am i missing a piece of my car? and if so, should they not be responsible for ordering one and putting it on??
thanks much, and i have learned so much from this group in the past 3 months!

Tim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My bad. I'll answer my own thread and say oops, i guess there is no stabilizer bar. i just googled about 50 pics and didnt see one, but i remember you guys talking about the stabilizing bars and how hard it was to drive on the HWY without them. what am I thinking of?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Do search on front sway bars! That should give you a few answers!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome Tursiops! I got an '08 aswell you will not be disappointed and watchout for mod fever which im sure your aware of by now.

·
Admin
8,482 Posts
The sway bars are near the axles... front and rear. Look from below and you'll see the bars.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you found a cream puff.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
16,936 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome! It is good to hear that you were able to get an FJ after all...and sounds like a good deal!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Congrats on the rig and welcome.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the warm welcome and yes, the bug has hit. Already blacked out all silver from front bumper and door mirrors, back bumpers come next week. I ordered this aluminum plate that is a cover formthe square portion of the center console and has FJ carved out in the center. It looked so cool, until I got it. It doesn't sit flat, rattles all the time and came with 4 screws that can't screw into anything?! Has anyone seen these? It was like $40, but I guess u live and learn. Black rims are on the way and ordering the iodized shifters from Ellis. Replaced dome lights with Oznium and they alone are awesome and worth every penny! Now must pay mortgage and see if there is any money left for some 33's to go under my 3" lift kit that was put on yesterday. God love tax refunds and lots of medical bills to write off :)

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Sounds like the Mod Bug has sunk it's teeth into you quite firmly....LOL....Enjoy!!!

UMMMMM....

WE NEED PIC'S or it didn't happen!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome!!! :clap:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts