Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this thread is for new FJ owners. Since I don't have one yet, I won't post here again until I get one. For those of you lucky enough to have one now, let the rest of us know...

-color, pkgs, options, etc
-price (above or below MSRP), discounts, deals, etc.
-mods or accessories you're planning/wanting to get.
-whatever else you want to tell us. (profession or job)
-city and state you're in.

·
Registered
100 Posts
-Silver
-FE,CQ,GY,UR,5L,C7,CF
-At MSRP (Elway Toyota) 30,136
-Skid plate, Rubber floor mats, extra rims and tires set, head unit, shift knob(s), hi lift jack mount, new bumper w/winch and lights, wind deflector w/lights for roof rack, enclosed trailer w/ATV, lift kit, air intake, supercharger or turbo, full exhaust w/headers...
-I think I own the highest FJ in the country - living over 9000ft.
-Silverthorne, Colorado

·
Registered
30 Posts
Silver a/t, package #2, roof rack, hitch, darned running boards, and an armrest. The rockrails and TRD exhaust are on order. The stock bridgestones have to go...they wander quite a bit. As soon as I can figure out how big I can go, I'll be buying the new wheels & tires.

I bought from Crown Toyota in Ontario, CA. Don’t slap me too hard, but I paid a hair over MSRP. Sorry, I had to have it...and I'd do it again. They treated me very well.

Did I say that I love it yet?

·
Registered
20 Posts
well just got mine tonight!!- calgary, canada

voodoo blue (of course) base package
msrp- door sill inserts, hitch, step rails- will get roof rack later (maybe)

note- canadian base package does not have rear wiper or image lamps on side view mirrors. When i was test driving tonight i found that the rear wiper would be kind of useless any way--- all it would give you would be a clearer view of the spare!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got my baby 2nite! Black diamond, Auto 4x4, Convenience Pkg, Upgrade Pkg #2, Roof Rack, Running Boards, TRD Wheel Pkg, TRD Exhaust, Skid Plate, Preferred Accessory Pkg (5-pc All-Weather Mat Set, Rear Dr Storage, Passenger armrest, 1st aid kit), & Curtain Shield Airbags. Many of the options I feel I could've done without...But at least it's here in my parking spot already! 1st FJ delivered in San Francisco...Gotta love that!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Got my bad ass truck this afternoon. Silver, roofraock...F** running boards, wiered but nice to look at lights, RR Diff Lock, A-Trac, P>>^ (backup sonar), 400w electric plug in the rear, flimsy carpet floor mats, at 4x4. Stock exhaust sounds like an aftermarket. It fits in my garage! Wheres the mystery button?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Voodoo Blue, package B, armrest and protection package (undercoate, paint coat, fabric protection), factory alarm, may install rock rails later on

bought it at MSRP, discount on protection package

Coquitlam, BC, Canada.

Cheers! :D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
DrFJ said:
Just got my baby 2nite! Black diamond, Auto 4x4, Convenience Pkg, Upgrade Pkg #2, Roof Rack, Running Boards, TRD Wheel Pkg, TRD Exhaust, Skid Plate, Preferred Accessory Pkg (5-pc All-Weather Mat Set, Rear Dr Storage, Passenger armrest, 1st aid kit), & Curtain Shield Airbags. Many of the options I feel I could've done without...But at least it's here in my parking spot already! 1st FJ delivered in San Francisco...Gotta love that!
DrFJ:

Was this from Toyota of SF? Mike?

Sandi

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sandi,

Got my FJ from Toyota of SF. Terry Pierce (415-559-2210) was the salesman I bought from...Absolutely great guy! Paid MSRP for mine. Says that if any of my friends want to order a specific FJ, he can have it at the dealer in 5-6 weeks.

When I picked up my FJ, they actually had a yellow FJ that was not sold yet as of closing time last night. Don't know any of the specs on it though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oldawg,

What sick baby are you talking about? My FJ was on an off-site storage lot that we had to walk a few blocks to and drive back to the dealer. Was completely pristine with 2 miles on the odometer. From what I know, only the toyota prep guys were the only ones who sat in it before I picked it up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
-2007 Voodoo Blue
-4x4 (of course!:D )
-Rear Locker
-Side Airbags
-Paid MSRP: $27,590
-Will get: Roof Rack, Rubber Mats, Off-Road Lights, Rock Rails, Skid Plates, TRD Exhaust
-Chandler Arizona

·
Registered
249 Posts
The first ever recorded in the driveway in north america! Maple Ridge, BC, Canada

Yellow, manual, B package

So glad to se so many more owners now- I was having a hard time with the pressure.:) :) :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
One of the first in Denver that I know of...

Titanium, AT, UP2, Rails, Roof, BFG's, Airbags. All MSRP.

This is the sweetest thing I have ever owned. Drives incredibly. So solid. I'm 6'1", and the blind spot issue does not exist. No probs in rush hour traffic at all. My wife had no trouble driving it either. The stereo rocks. NXT's give out incredible sound, it comes all around you. It's short, and it actually fit in my garage (see pics).

Thanks to everyone who helped me make the best informed decision ever. First new car purchase, and I'm stoked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We got our FJ on Wed. 3/22/06. This Titanium Metallic 4X4 has the CQ convenience package , all the airbags,running boards, and upgrade package #2. We added an ash tray(we're non smokers), the passenger armrest, rear door storage, roof rack, Drop hitch receiver, sport exhaust, cargo mats,cloth mats and rubber all weather mats, security system upgrade, Xm tuner, rear tire cover( which we immediately removed and put in storage-looks much better without it).
We talked to our dealer after the FJ was first seen at the auto show in 2003 and told him we would take one if it made it to production. The dealer called us in Feb.2005 and said the FJ was going into production near year end 2005.
We obligated for his first one at that time. We made final selection on options in Jan 2006.
We were offered the FJ at $500.00 below MSRP. and were thrilled to secure one with such little hassle. There is a lot of horror stories going around concerning pricing.
Our dealer has been around a long time and is known for making the customer happy and he does what it takes, unlike a lot of the jerks you hear about at a lot of dealers.
We are located in eastern North Carolina. We will use the FJ as the wife's everyday vehicle. We also have a new full size LandCruiser we use while traveling, and an FJ40 we take to shows-36k actual miles and in original showroom condition. The only urgent upgrade to the FJ will be tires, the "oe" tires are smooth but we find them to be less than attractive.
We are very pleased with the FJ, it is what it is and it does attract a lot of attention. Best to everyone.

·
Registered
232 Posts
FJammin said:
One of the first in Denver that I know of...

Titanium, AT, UP2, Rails, Roof, BFG's, Airbags. All MSRP.

This is the sweetest thing I have ever owned. Drives incredibly. So solid. I'm 6'1", and the blind spot issue does not exist. No probs in rush hour traffic at all. My wife had no trouble driving it either. The stereo rocks. NXT's give out incredible sound, it comes all around you. It's short, and it actually fit in my garage (see pics).

Thanks to everyone who helped me make the best informed decision ever. First new car purchase, and I'm stoked.
Congrats! I noticed yours has the BFG ATs on stock 17" alloys, not the 16" TRDs. How much did the dealer charge you?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bought mine tonight; Voodoo blue 4x4; CP2; roof rack;trailer hitch; running boards, many more things but I can't remember them all because I'm too darn excited. I've been waiting for this thing for so long and it was well worth the wait. Don't think I could have waited another day, though!

·
Registered
476 Posts
fjsmurf said:
Congrats! I noticed yours has the BFG ATs on stock 17" alloys, not the 16" TRDs. How much did the dealer charge you?
$800 for the upgrade, with $250 credit for the POS stock tires. Definitely worth it. The whole dealership was coming around the vehicle to admire the difference. It makes the whole truck stand taller, too.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts