Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to pick up this from the 2011 model and plop it into the 2010 model? I hate the bluelogic that my dealer talked me into -- doesn't work for streaming music at all, and the integration is horrible.

Or am I better off just getting a good double din headunit? I would love iphone/ipod integration.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am interested in this answer also. From what I have read around here everyone seems to agreed that it would be alot of work involving removing the driver side door panel and running wires. But I am interested to see if there would be some way a 20010 FJ could accommodate one of these new units.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Not exactly sure why you have to remove the door panel but those are a piece of cake to remove. Search in the electronics/stereo forum and you will get all the details you need.

As for aftermarket or FJammer, I would go aftermarket. You will get better sound, more control and more power than from the FJammer any day. But the FJammer would be plug and play.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would definately go aftermarket!! If you are looking for simplistic installation try Rosen stereos for the FJ Cruiser. They are realistically priced, are plug and play, and have a variety of standard features that are options on other decks. Here is listing from Crutchfield:

Rosen TY0840-N11 Navigation Receiver Custom-fit replacement for your 2003-up Toyota factory radio at Crutchfield.com

Enjoy!!:rocker:
wow that sounds like a great solution - would you know if this unit will work with the OEM subwoofer or do I need to purchase an extra kit/cable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts