Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

last week we purchased a new 2011 FJC (in tan, with off-road & convenience packages).

always been a FJ fan: had a tan minty 1973 FJ40 back in the late 70's. loved the design, but it never quite fulfilled all our expectations. (not big enough, too top heavy, no limited slip, hard to heat in winter, noisy, top speed of 55...)

since then we've gone through dozens of vehicles, usually 4x4 pick-ups.

in last few years we've been using the main ranch pick-up as our everything vehicle (ford f250 4x4 diesel crewcab flatbed) but its often bigger and more expensive to operate than we need.

so after a long search we settled on the FJC as our second/travel/go-to-town vehicle.

its even a better machine than we thought it would be. absolutely amazing.

we're semi-retired, living off-the-grid in a solar-powered cabin in a high desert pinetree-covered wilderness, miles from a paved road. we've been here 25 yrs and having a reliable 4x4 is a must. winters get so rough that to get off this mountain we often have to abandon even 4x4 motor vehicles in exchange for horses or snowshoes. and once on the hiway (where we leave our 4x4 when snows get deep), we still have to deal with fallen trees, rocks, floods, et al. a good 4x4 is a necessity.

since the purchase we decided we needed a HD bumper so just ordered an ARB Deluxe Bull Bar kit which should help keep our FJC alive.

next fall we're thinking of a set of mounted/studded Michelin LTX A/T2 LT285/70R17D all around.

both those items i learned about right here on FJCF.

you guys have already been a wealth of great info even before we made the FJC purchase, and i know you'll supply lots more helpful ideas in the years to come.

so thnx for having me as a member!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new rig... I love E. OR... great country over there.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
congrats on your purchase of a great all around off roader....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts