Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings! First of all, I don't own an FJ, but my buddy is buying an FJ TRD and I can't wait to go wheeling with him. My rig is a Hummer H3 and I can't seem to find anyone in the Kansas City area to go wheeling. I'm not into extreme rock crawling, but I don't mind a few scratches in the paint either. I'm not a forum troll, just looking to go wheeling and learn more about the FJ.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Welcome Trekker. I am sure you can find some guy around your area to going wheeling with.

Check out the regional forums and trail run sections to find guys closer to your area.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Welcome Trekker. i actually did the same thing over on a forum for hummers. I thought i would try and find the h3 or possible h2 guys that want to wheel and invite them out. It turns out that about 5% of that website is people that go offroad and the other were people who like to bling out. In the for sale section, not a single offroad piece of gear.
As Jeshua suggested, go to forum button and then scroll down to regions, in there you will probably find threads about people wheeling near you.

Something about your gobi rack and brush guard looks very similar to a Defender, i can't put my finger on it though. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The way I see it, it doesn't matter what you drive as long as you enjoy wheeling just as much as the other guy even thought most of us like to share our passion with FJ, there is so much this forum has to offer to those who loves to go out off pavement and enjoy the outdoors. Nice looking rig there you got. Welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum! :wave: Nice Hummer! Ignore chuckster - don't wash it - keep your Hummer dirty and you'll be unique!

The next best thing to actually owning an FJ is having a buddy who does! I'm sure that you'll have a great time wheeling together and you'll probably find many other FJers on this forum who would love to meet up with you to get dirty.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Welcome!!!! I have to say, your Hummer is the very first one I have ever seen dirty with real mud! Don't wash it! It is a statement.

I am sure you can find some cool guys to off road with if you hang around your regional forum.

PS... Glad to know you are not a troll!

Kim

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Trekker. i actually did the same thing over on a forum for hummers. I thought i would try and find the h3 or possible h2 guys that want to wheel and invite them out. It turns out that about 5% of that website is people that go offroad and the other were people who like to bling out.
Hey Layonnn, I saw your post and that's what gave me the idea. You're right, that forum is mostly blingers. Go to HummerX Club's forum, I'm positive you will find someone in your area to go wheeling.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:bigthumb::wave:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Nothing better than a dirty Hummer I always say! Welcome.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Dang I thought it was gonna be a new product form KC Lites, the company. Oh well welcome anyways.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome. I'm sure you can find an FJ in you area to go along to pull you out when you get stuck. :) A friend of mine just traded his H2 for an FJ. I'm not sure if it had to do with the mileage or off-road performance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone! I see more FJs around town than Hummers, so I figured this would be a good place to meet some locals to go wheeling. The Jeep clubs are pretty firm on only wheeling with other Heeps. Yeah, whatever ... their loss. Oh well, they've got the numbers. My friend really has his heart set on a TRD, but he can't find one within 250 miles of KC. If anyone knows where he can get one, let me know and I will steer him this way. Everyone here has some pretty sweet rigs. I envy you FJ owners when it comes to aftermarket stuff. Most of the Hummer aftermarket stuff is covered in chrome. :mecry:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello to a fellow kansan I am new to four wheelin my self I live about 90 ml south of KC we have a place near here go to ksrockspark.com for more info they have a hummer day also. hotsteel41:rocker:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts