Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall. I bought an FJ Cruiser a few months ago and am pretty satisfied with it so far. I have gleaned a lot of information from this board that has helped me a lot (disable seat belt beep, disable daytime running lights, A-TRAC on the cheap with $50 switch haha, etc). I am impressed with the ingenuity and cleverness of the mods I have seen here. I will probably steal many of the ideas I have seen here, so thank you! :)

I only wish I was half as handy and knowledgeable as most of you here. I'm pretty much a dumba$$ rookie when it comes to this stuff so expect to see a lot of dumba$$ questions from me :p

Anyway I started getting into off roading a few years ago. My first ride was an 06 Tacoma with...
6" Fabtech suspension lift
3" body lift
35" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw radials on Pro Comp wheels
9000lb warn winch on generic brush guard

I really liked that truck and it served me well, but when I lived in NC the Toyota dealership was right on my drive home and this FJC was parked out there calling my name every time I drove by. So I read about it on the internet, liked what I read, and traded in the Tacoma.

It came straight from the dealership with a 2.5" suspension lift, ARB front bumper with Warn winch, 33" Pro Comp mud terrains on Pro Comp wheels, Magnaflow exhaust, and Air Raid cold air intake. They badged it as an FJ "Crawler"

Brand new

Lending a hand

Winching him out

My turn

Okay I'm stuck

"Crawler" badge and my first custom mod

The FJC is pretty fun but I wish it....

* had a solid front axle :(

* had more than one cig lighter jesus effing george it's the year 2008. Don't they know I have like 14 things to plug in??

* ability to turn off VSC (yes I will mod this)

* feels like driving a damn uparmored HMMWV. Can't see doodoo out of this damn thing. Takes away big time from the fun factor, I want a soft top!!

* Interior dome lights.....bahahahaha...I think they installed black holes in mine by accident cuz no light is escaping them....why didn't they just give you a book of matches with the FJ....that would have been way better

* Narrow fuel filling tube.....um Toyota there is this little thing here in America on the handle of gas pumps that let's you push it down and let go so the tank fills all the way by itself without you having to hold the handle the whole time, but it doesn't work if the tube going down to your tank is only 3 gasoline molecules wide

* I would have preferred a split rear door as opposed to one big a$$ door

Whew...just wanted to get that off my chest....mostly nit picking.

Anyway hi and thanks again for all the informative posts and pics of your awesome rigs!!

Oh yeah, also I'm new to GA. I'm in the Columbus area. If anybody here is looking for a wheeling buddy and you know some good spots I would appreciate it if you hit me up! I have a fair amount of recovery gear and what not....so let's go wheeling!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome and I know someone that can fix this problem for you. :p
Haha...brother I have read through your SAC thread at least a dozen times before I even registered for this forum. I love your truck. I'll get a solid axle one day, unfortunately not anytime soon :(

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Great pictures. :) Welcome to the forum. Fortunately all but solid axle and split rear doors can be fixed easily. :)

·
Premium Member
17,152 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice pics.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Nice rig and welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice pics

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Welcome aboard:wave:! Your points are all valid, but I peronally couldn't take a SAS with the FJ being my daily driver, and the number of highway miles I put on in a year, my butt would be hamburger! But after I get a car as a daily driver......:)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!:bigthumb::wave:

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
I like that Crawler badge! That is a nice ride!

Welcome

Kim

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Nice rig! Welcome!:wave:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 24 Posts