Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks,
Just wanted to say hello. I have an 07 FJ in Voodoo Blue with the 6MT TRD Wheels/tires and nothing else. I am a QC inspector for a sitework construction company so I am off-road in it almost every day! (Yes, I know I have a cool job!) I learned to drive a manual tranny about 25 years ago in an FJ 40 and have been a Toyota fan since then. However, (go ahead and hate me now) I also have a CJ7 I built from a bare frame that I'll reserve for the heavy stuff plus a couple of Dodge 4X4's and a Tahoe too. No brand loyalty insanity here just different tools for different jobs.
Anyways, I hope to learn a bit of tech and perhaps get a deal or two on some parts while I'm here.

Gheers,
regularjay

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:wave: Open your wallet, turn it upside down and start the Modness. Plenty of info and if you are looking for answers on anything FJ, the answer is here.

·
Premium Member
17,153 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the ideas and info you find here.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
hey welcome to the club! I'm in silver spring, so if you ever see an asian guy driving a yellow FJ w/ black steelies gimme a honk.

I had two people wave at me on my commute home the other day which was pretty cool. Usually I get no love.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Hello folks,
Just wanted to say hello. I have an 07 FJ in Voodoo Blue with the 6MT TRD Wheels/tires and nothing else. I am a QC inspector for a sitework construction company so I am off-road in it almost every day! (Yes, I know I have a cool job!) I learned to drive a manual tranny about 25 years ago in an FJ 40 and have been a Toyota fan since then. However, (go ahead and hate me now) I also have a CJ7 I built from a bare frame that I'll reserve for the heavy stuff plus a couple of Dodge 4X4's and a Tahoe too. No brand loyalty insanity here just different tools for different jobs.
Anyways, I hope to learn a bit of tech and perhaps get a deal or two on some parts while I'm here.
Gheers,
regularjay
If we hate you here, it's not because of your choice, but because of your full stock of vehicles. It's more like green with envy. ;)

Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all for the kind welcome. I keep swearing to myself I'm gonna leave this thing "stock" we'll see what happens. So far I've had no troubles getting to the places I have to go in totally stock form. This will spend the next couple of years as a Daily driver so I don't want to "mod" it into impractibility (been there - done that) Right now its fine, and hey, a consistant 18.8 MPG is not something I'm keen to mess with.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Thanks all for the kind welcome. I keep swearing to myself I'm gonna leave this thing "stock" we'll see what happens. So far I've had no troubles getting to the places I have to go in totally stock form. This will spend the next couple of years as a Daily driver so I don't want to "mod" it into impractibility (been there - done that) Right now its fine, and hey, a consistant 18.8 MPG is not something I'm keen to mess with.
I'm in the same boat....except, mine is not by choice (I'd mod the h3ll out of it if I could afford it), but out of practical, financial responsibility. :)

Ya, with 87 octane, I get about 19 here in the Boulder area. I switched over to 91 (premium), but didn't see much change upward....however, I made that change on the same day that I switched fro the stock, flat tread street tires to the ones I have now. So, it might just be a wash.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts