Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just picked up my new FJ - A black 2010 with most options (no roof rack, but I want one).

Anyway, I bought it on December 8th and have visited family in Schuylkill County, PA and did some off roading over the Christmas Holiday. I have to say, even on the all season tires, it did a great job. Through at least 18" of water, up some pretty steep hills, and over rocky terrain - no problem.

I chose the FJ over a Jeep because of looks and reliability - I had a few Chrysler products in the past and never had a great experience with any of them. I did have a Celica once that had 225,000 miles on it and it ran flawlessly.

I am planning to get different rims and more capable tires and then at some point, a small lift (2-3") and rock rails. I also would like to get a front bumper and winch. After that, who knows?

If your in Eastern/South Eastern PA, South Jersey, Delaware, or Maryland let me know if there are any events or gatherings. I'd really like to get out and meet some people and see their FJ's and do some off roading.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am originally from Bucks County. Mom lives in Doylestown.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the rig

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
A big Northeaster welcome to the forum. I had to smile when I saw the name Schuylkill.

When we (FJ Northeasters) are at Rausch Creek Offroad Park in Tremont PA over the Easter weekend, we always have dinner one night at the Cracker Barrel near Schuylkill Mall in Frackville PA...

What are you doing for easter this year?
Can I make a suggestion?

Believe me you don't want to miss the Northeasters Easter Run :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
A big Northeaster welcome to the forum. I had to smile when I saw the name Schuylkill.

When we (FJ Northeasters) are at Rausch Creek Offroad Park in Tremont PA over the Easter weekend, we always have dinner one night at the Cracker Barrel near Schuylkill Mall in Frackville PA...

Can I make a suggestion?

I'll second that! Heather and I drove 11 hours one way to this meet last year and had a great time. You'd be hard pressed to find a better bunch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Can I make a suggestion?

I always head home for the Holidays - I grew up about 4 Miles from Frackville. When you grow up there, they call you a "Skook" (slang for folks from Schuylkill County). I think it would be great to head to Rausch Creek if a stock vehicle can handle the terrain there. For now, I need to keep this a daily driver, so it's going to be stock for at least the next 18-24 months.

If folks say I could enjoy it there without major damage, count me in!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts