·
Registered
4,281 Posts
So your number one goal is it fits correctly
, I mean who needs quality and something that will hold up and has great SQ lol

·
Registered
856 Posts
This has probably been mentioned before but I saw this video of a Toyota 86 head unit in an FJ. I don't think the steering wheel controls work though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So your number one goal is it fits correctly
, I mean who needs quality and something that will hold up and has great SQ lol

@ZoSoIV - I don't know if that is directed to me but as I said I got a Pioneer HU and will either adjust to the crappy looking adapter like most everyone else or look into customizing the bezel like I saw another forum member did. We need the wireless Apple and Android connection for texts etc and I have been installing Pioneer in my cars for several years now so the fam is familiar with them.

But I do have 3 teenagers and some of the younger generation care less about HU bells and whistles, they don't want to pay for nav or HD radio and just want solid Bluetooth so perhaps a good amp and speakers with a $100 joyo unit would work for their needs. If you need to replace it every 3 years you will still be ahead compared to buying a brand name flagship unit that one would want to replace every 5 or so years anyway.

Anyway I appreciate you posts here, I pieced together my system from some of your rec's over the years.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I have Android Auto and Carplay in 2 of my other cars, grotesquely limited software.

Chinese head units have none of the limitations and work like a complete phone or tablet. Software wise it is apples and oranges.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts