Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new hear and this seams to be an awesome site with lots of great help! I just installed a 3" rough country lift on to my 2007 fj with pics coming soon. My question is I no everyone says that 285/70/17 is the best size to run, but I was curious if someone can leed me to or help me out with other sizes that may fit as well and run a little cheaper due to the 285's being so rare and pricey?

I have the stock 17's that I would like to run but would consider a 16" rim...
Also I do mostly street driving so I am looking for a all terrain or x terrain?

Thanks for all the help and any suggestion welcome?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are a ton of different size tires that can fit you rig. The 285/75 R16 is pretty common and in turn pretty cheap (considering). Yes, if you have never noticed there are more tire options in the 16" wheel catagory, so in turn they are cheaper. Going down an inch in wheel diameter would eventually, someday, pay off.

285/75 R16
Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

285/75 R17
Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

The Nitto Terra Grappler is a pretty popular choice.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Is there anyway to run a 33/12.5/15 bfg at k/o? Or will caliper rub on a 15" rim?
You cannot run a 15" rim... The 16" rims are tight with little clearance to clear the calipers. If you think your limited to tire size and selection...try finding 35"s on 20" rims...One tire can cost as much as a full set on 16" rims!

·
Registered
54 Posts
You cannot run a 15" rim... The 16" rims are tight with little clearance to clear the calipers. If you think your limited to tire size and selection...try finding 35"s on 20" rims...One tire can cost as much as a full set on 16" rims!
Yeah. My 33"s on 20" rims run over 3 bills a piece.:flame: but they look good

·
Registered
145 Posts
You could always run the stock size 265/70/17. Might not give you the clearance you want but it will still get the job done if you get the right tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts