Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
:bigthumb:

Thanks! Please be sure to update with the revised bumpers as well, and price when available. :cheers:
Unfortunately the Original Poster of this thread is not currently a vendor.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Unfortunately the Original Poster of this thread is not currently a vendor.
Fixed:

Chris21700 previously said:

Thanks! Please be sure to become a forum vendor then update with the revised bumpers as well, and price when available.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I have already talked to the manufacture about becoming a vendor and I'm sure once he has figured out the details will be looking to marketing it.

Right now I just wont him focused on finishing the swing-out. I leave for Cruise Moab right after the Easter weekend and would like to get my spare tire out of the back of my truck :worried:

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
I have already talked to the manufacture about becoming a vendor and I'm sure once he has figured out the details will be looking to marketing it.

Right now I just wont him focused on finishing the swing-out. I leave for Cruise Moab right after the Easter weekend and would like to get my spare tire out of the back of my truck :worried:
by all means, first things first :) :lol::lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
this bumper is gnarly cant wait to see the finished product and very interested in possibly replacing the bumper that mine came with. any idea on the total weight minus gas cans and tire?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The main bumper was about 80lbs and the swing out maybe 60lbs.

Mat has been busy this weekend. Most of the swing-out is finished, just some detail work left.

Here is a peak at what the finished layout is going to look like.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Mat has designed the whole bumper in SolidWorks, a lot of the parts have been computer cut and bent. The rest of the pieces now have templates and jigs where needed.

Well it's 99.9% complete only thing that didn't get done in time was his branding plate. Here are a few photo of the finished product. Keep in mind this is the prototype and there have been some changes to the design already where things didn't quite work as planned. I also provided my on fuel can holders and in future models Mat will be producing his own.

I'm off to Cruise Moab in a few days and have a lot to get done before then so if you have any questions please ask them on MUD New FJC rear bumper I'm sure Mat will be glad to answer your questions. I'll try to post up some more photos and give a trail reports when I have time and internet access.

The proud Papa admiring his work

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Excellent work! Is the AT logo on the jerry can holder for Adventure Trailers? Looks nearly the same.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
did this project die?
Yes it was pretty sweet looking. I'm thinking the rear window opening is no longer an option...:lol:

It's either the total cost was too high to make it feasible or the cost of being a vendor here to high or both. That's my guess.

Was on my radar for awhile.

:cheers:

·
Registered
600 Posts
This is to bad too. This one looked to be the only other one, I've see so far, that I'd consider over the Expedition One rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
He is still keeping up over at IH8MUD. One of his posts put it at about 2Gs. Looking at the pictures of the wreck, he made a pretty stout bumper.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Sorry, I've been super busy at work and have not been on-line much. Bumper survived with only a few scratches. The frame got tweeked a bit causing the swing out to contact the back door. Body shop was able to get everything fixed.

I know Mat has been busy wheeling most of the summer and has been off work do to injury. I also know he has a few orders and last time I talked to him about it was looking like the full bumper with the swing-out was going to be around 2k and he was also looking at offering it without the swing-out. I will check with him to see what his plans are.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry, I've been super busy at work and have not been on-line much. Bumper survived with only a few scratches. The frame got tweeked a bit causing the swing out to contact the back door. Body shop was able to get everything fixed.

I know Mat has been busy wheeling most of the summer and has been off work do to injury. I also know he has a few orders and last time I talked to him about it was looking like the full bumper with the swing-out was going to be around 2k and he was also looking at offering it without the swing-out. I will check with him to see what his plans are.
Such great work!

Zombie thread resurrection I know,
but it’s a shame more innovators who do all the work and make a superior product let them die like this one.

People might consider licensing the template to another company like Costal off-road or simply sell the file or even a paper it kit to individuals.

Ride on

41 - 60 of 62 Posts