Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Stopped by Slee Offroad today and saw a new product they manufactured for the HiLift jack. It is versatile, can be used to attach to the vehicle in many different ways (ARB special bumper format, unique and versatile slider format, D-Ring format, wheel lift strap format (strap not included or pictured), axle lift format, etc). Very utilitarian and innovative. Talked extensively with the owner of Slee (I think it was the owner) and I am really impressed with this piece. Definitely a great product. I'll own one before the end of the month.

Also noticed a GREAT looking set of billet skids. Talked again at length with the owner and they are for an FJ. He hasn't put them on an FJ yet but is looking for a new home for them on someone's FJ. It will be on that FJ that they trial fit this set of skids, including a gas tank skid and incredibly strong looking and very thick. A tad spendy, but they have some unique and innovative points. The downside is this type of skid has never been tested on rock that he knows of. It would be worthwhile for several of the Colorado locals to stop by and see him to take a look at these skids. No pics of the skids on the website.

Additionally, I talked with him at length about building a bombproof rear FJ bumper like they do for many other Toyotas. He's considering it for the new year and I'll stay in touch with them to find out if they will go ahead with the project. So that you know, this bumper is heavier duty than anything I've seen out there except for the FabFours bumpers. He builds extremly durable, high quality products and I'm anxious to see if they go with this. If they do, it will include their trademark bombproof spare tire swingaway including hilift mount.

Thought I would drop the link to the HiLift Accessory.

Slee - Recovery Gear

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
does look nice, but i bet when everything is covered in freezing mud, it could be a pain to work with all those straps. This looks like a good option for people with limited jack points.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
does look nice, but i bet when everything is covered in freezing mud, it could be a pain to work with all those straps. This looks like a good option for people with limited jack points.
That particular strap is probably the single weakness of the accessory, per the owner of Slee. I believe he is redesigning that particular strap for better functionality. You're right though. It could be a pain. On the other hand, if that's all you got, It sure looks like a heck of a great option to me. Particularly with the wheel lift strap. Options are a big deal on the trail (to me) particularly when several come in a single small package.

Still thinking I'll own one before this month is up. I'd at least like to own it for my next Moab trip. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mike,

Good to spend some time with you yesterday. Decided to join the forum on your recommendation so that I can actually post some feedback as well and also learn more on customer requirements.

Just a couple of notes on the tool. We initially thought that the axle strap can do double duty as the wheel strap as well. This works with smaller vehicles, but when we tested it with a full size truck there was to much stretch in the strap.

The axle strap will not be redesigned since it's intended purpose is still to prevent axle droop when jacking up the vehicle from the frame.

We are now including the wheel strap as well as pictured on the site. I would have linked pictures but seems I need 4 posts before I can do that.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Great find! Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mike,

Good to spend some time with you yesterday. Decided to join the forum on your recommendation so that I can actually post some feedback as well and also learn more on customer requirements.

Just a couple of notes on the tool. We initially thought that the axle strap can do double duty as the wheel strap as well. This works with smaller vehicles, but when we tested it with a full size truck there was to much stretch in the strap.

The axle strap will not be redesigned since it's intended purpose is still to prevent axle droop when jacking up the vehicle from the frame.

We are now including the wheel strap as well as pictured on the site. I would have linked pictures but seems I need 4 posts before I can do that.
Good to see you here Christo. Great stuff!

Mike

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Mike,

Hey Christo, toss out a few posts on interesting subjects until you have enough that you can post a couple of pics of that strap. I think people will like it a lot.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
231 Posts
Despite the appeal a good Jack Off, the Aluminum Skids are what I am psyched about. I have been waiting for something like that for a while!

Any chance of some pics of the skids, ballpark pricing, and when they might be available?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts