Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on Instagram. The guy said he got it from eBay. When asked just where was the link, I got no reply. It is fiberglass. Comes white. I'm very interested in replacing mine since the paint has bubbled. not interested in any LED's. Has anyone seen this anywhere?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can’t you still get a factory piece?
Don’t see the benefit of an ill fitting fiberglass replacement, body shop will likely charge you extra to fit that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
127 Posts
i found it in chrome on ebay. $170 + $15 shipping.

i have the matching turn signal covers (from the same seller). they were also in chrome but i scuffed them up and painted satin black to match my grill. paint stuck really well

·
A-Team Moderator
9,552 Posts
Can’t you still get a factory piece?
Don’t see the benefit of an ill fitting fiberglass replacement, body shop will likely charge you extra to fit that as well
Of course we can ;) I don't see it either, but to each his own...

Off Road Garage Taiwan ebaymotors makes a Hummer-ish looking piece and a matching hood thingy.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I thought we were talking a real hood scoop. I saw an FJ years ago that had a hood scoop that was similar to the Tacoma scoops. I think he said it was for a mustang but I cant remember the year. :)

·
Registered
2014 Toyota Fj Cruiser
25 Posts
I saw this on Instagram. The guy said he got it from eBay. When asked just where was the link, I got no reply. It is fiberglass. Comes white. I'm very interested in replacing mine since the paint has bubbled. not interested in any LED's. Has anyone seen this anywhere?
View attachment 1122965
[/QUOT
View attachment 1122965
I replace my stock hood with a fiberglass hood with working scoop.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am assuming it is for styling. Hood scoops will do very little to increase the power. The ram air effect is negligable. If the engine is drawing hot air from behind the radiator and if the scoop reduces the intake air temperature there is a benefit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Older generations had the louvered vents on the sides of the hood for compartment ventilation. There is a perfect surface in that exact same spot for Toyota to have carried forth the design cue on the FJC. It would have been heritage proper, look BOSS, and have functionality as well. This hood has something loosely similar and I like that.

·
A-Team Moderator
9,552 Posts
Older generations had the louvered vents on the sides of the hood for compartment ventilation. There is a perfect surface in that exact same spot for Toyota to have carried forth the design cue on the FJC. It would have been heritage proper, look BOSS, and have functionality as well. This hood has something loosely similar and I like that.
@debFJVT

1 - 20 of 32 Posts