Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered the icon stage 1 kit with total chaos UCA (thank you metal tech) i was going to go with the SAW kit but it's back ordered and i hate waiting :lol: so i have few questions.

1. should i up grade to the rear piggy back shocks
2. i bought my tires before the lift so will i still be able to fit 305's

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is the same setup I have! I bought my TC UCA's afterwards and it was a fun transition going from stock to awesome suspension then from there to proper alignment and way better handling.

As for the piggy back rears, I don't run them but wish I did. From what i've read on the forum here they're a big improvement on the monotubes. There should be some reviews somewhere.

·
Wanderlust
4,158 Posts
1. Yes. The piggyback rear shocks are produced in house by ICON and have an increase in compression damping for the last few inches of shock travel (similar to a bypass shock). They have 2.5"-diameter body so a lot beefier than the monotube shocks.
2. Yes. You may need to add spacers to the front rubber bump stops (lower them) to limit up travel so the bigger tires don't contact the inner fenders (I assume you're going with wider and larger tires since you only mentioned the 305 tire width and no aspect ratio or rim size).

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes they are 305/70/16 km2

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am facing this same dillemma. To piggy or not to piggy? Congrats on the new suspension. I just got mine and LOVE IT! I'm sure you will too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts