Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and like many of you I have been looking for any new shred of info on the FJ. for months!!! Well I just got off the phone with Brandon at Desert Sun Motors here in New Mexico and I placed my order. Like a lot of the previous posts, in order to get some options you have to get the full packages. :mad: I wanted 17" wheels, Diff lock, Side airbags and Premium sound. Well in order to get what I wanted I had to go with the CQ and UR#2 packages. Oh well small price to pay for this rig.

Oh price, that is what you all are wondering. Well according to Brandon it looks like 29k fully loaded!! Sweet deal. Now that does not include some of the Post Production Options like a winch, Roof Rack, etc... that can be installed at the port dealer.

Brandon at Desert Sun Motors is a great guy and no BS. It may seem a long way to go for some but give him a call, it is worth it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have just placed my order with a dealer here in Minneapolis. I am #2 on thier list. He told me that the FJ's are being built in February for an April delivery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that the first production run is for March 06. I am #1 on the list so hopefully it is true.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah maybe by March/April you all will be thawing out! According to Brandon usually all dealerships will get one vehicle at the same time. Then the big dealers will get the majority share etc....

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think the low MSRP will surprise members. Remember that Toyota is using an existing engine, tranny, differential, transfer case, etc. to keep a low price point. Think Tacoma V6 model drivetrain and you have the FJC mechanicals. Toyota admits they are chasing the young male buyer with FJC. Females have the RAV4 to look at. The well respected industry publication Automotive News reported the following:

"The FJ Cruiser will go on sale about a year from now. Esmond said the initial sales target is about 40,000 units per year. But he expects to have to ask the factory in Japan for more.

The one detail Toyota held back is the new SUV's price. But Toyota officials say they want the FJ Cruiser to compete against other entry-level SUVs, such as the Jeep Wrangler, Ford Escape and Nissan Xterra. That would indicate a base price under $20,000."

·
Registered
294 Posts
they want the FJ Cruiser to compete against other entry-level SUVs, such as the Jeep Wrangler, Ford Escape and Nissan Xterra. That would indicate a base price under $20,000."[/QUOTE]

23K base - 28K loaded... my final answer.

·
Registered
390 Posts
"23K base - 28K loaded... my final answer."

I think you are close, but I feel it's going to be lower.

My final answer....

$21,995 base 2WD Auto; before options
$23,995 base 4WD Auto; before options

·
Registered
294 Posts
mini2nut said:
"23K base - 28K loaded... my final answer."

I think you are close, but I feel it's going to be lower.

My final answer....

I hope you're right, but with the list of add ons I want...
I'm looking at the low 40's!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
mini2nut said:
My final answer....

Well, I hope you are the one that's right instead of one of the dealers I spoke with (28-32k!). OK, I'm sure it won't be that high but I'd love to get my 6-speed 4x4 out the door for 26k :)

I'm thinking that the 4x4 Auto and 4x4 Manual may base at the same price now that it appears the rear diff lock is standard on the latter.

Jason

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
this is so unfair - you guys are seeing options lists in NM and MN?!?!?!?!? Why do the dealers in Maryland have no idea that this truck even is?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Brain Fate Stoker said:
He told me that the FJ's are being built in February for an April delivery.
We've heard a zillion different rumors about release dates- I hope this one is wrong. My field season starts cranking in late February, peaks in late March/early April, and levels off to a slow burn from late May till the first frost. I'm #7 on the list. Even if mine comes in the first allotment (and it probably won't), it will still be too late for my busiest (and most productive $$$) season.

This is a real problem. My Prius and an ancient Subaru will get me and the wife through the winter, but come field season, my job requires me to go places that only a substantial 4wd can go.

Be right back, I'm off to reasearch Xterra's just in case....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here are some numbers regarding how the intial production run will shake out beginning in February...

17 4702 (4 x 2) Automatic V6
17 4703 (4 x 4) Manual V6
59 4704 (4 x 4) Automatic V6 w/ CQ Package
236 4704 (4 x 4) Automatic V6 w/ CQ & UR Packages

No idea yet on color allotment.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Brain Fate Stoker said:
Here are some numbers regarding how the intial production run will shake out beginning in February...

17 4702 (4 x 2) Automatic V6
17 4703 (4 x 4) Manual V6
59 4704 (4 x 4) Automatic V6 w/ CQ Package
236 4704 (4 x 4) Automatic V6 w/ CQ & UR Packages

No idea yet on color allotment.
not to question credibility, but where does this info come from? (this means I will NEVER get my stickshift apparently)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The info comes from the dealer here in Minneapolis where I placed my order yesterday. That is what he told me. Whether it is the absolute truth, I have no idea.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Brain Fate Stoker said:
The info comes from the dealer here in Minneapolis where I placed my order yesterday. That is what he told me. Whether it is the absolute truth, I have no idea.
just part of the marketing machine. i for one dont think dealers know **** - probably less than what we all collectively know from this forum. ive phoned and emailed every toyota dealership in the sf bay area - they all have different **** that they spout out - because they want your business. when questioned with information garnered from this forum they're speechless (in most fortunate cases). in my opinion they're still the same lying bastards they've always been - no offense to any salesmen - it's what you "have" to do.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The more I think about it, the FJ should not be priced more than the Tacoma. Infact could be a little less.

Isn't at least 80% of the FJ's engineering already existing Tacoma technology. And that dash is so simple Toyota has to be saving several hundred in material costs and assembly time.

And why is Toyota making a 4x2 version... isn't this an 'off-road' monster?

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
LRinDallas said:
And why is Toyota making a 4x2 version... isn't this an 'off-road' monster?
well you know it also has the "cool factor," and I suppose those people won't care about taking it off road...just making it look good in the city. Hopefully this won't turn into a truck that trendy urbanites buy to look good and that's it (and pimp them out in bad ways). (sidenote I'm an urbanite but I'll use it for what it's for, no doubt).

what's troubling if true is that the stickshift 4x4 is being made in equal numbers to the 4x2. that makes no sense

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
well you know it also has the "cool factor," and I suppose those people won't care about taking it off road...just making it look good in the city. Hopefully this won't turn into a truck that trendy urbanites buy to look good and that's it (and pimp them out in bad ways). (sidenote I'm an urbanite but I'll use it for what it's for, no doubt).

what's troubling if true is that the stickshift 4x4 is being made in equal numbers to the 4x2. that makes no sense
I thought of that too, but if Toyota wants to sell the "cool factor" why limit production?

For every FJ 4x2 Toyota will make, there will be 50 off-roaders that wish, and would pay, to get their hands on an FJ 4x4.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts