·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS - there's new info on the toyota site...

wait for it................. NO, there isn't! Did you fall for it?! Hardy har har! Is that supposed to be funny? is there some executive in Japan stroking his pet penguin, smirking under his breath, "Let them wait, let them wait"?

This is straight up Japanese water torture (if we superimpose "information" for "water" and "our collective foreheads" for "the internet" and "Japanese" for "Chinese."

Do you see the quality of this writing? Horrid! But I am blameless, entirely so! If I had more FJ information, something to sustain me during this time "on-road," perhaps I would be more merciful with the distribution of bland "creativity."

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Can anyone translate this stuff!!!!

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i can translate it: "keep on waiting. no new info. the FJ cruiser will be shown at various shows and t various functions but you don't know anything about it and won't see it for a while. hardy har har!"

·
Registered
163 Posts
My Russian is very rough after years of non use but there seems to be no new information. The info on the jeep site basically starts out that in the year 2003 automobile fans saluted the concept car Fj Cruiser built in the classic style of the antique Fj 40 about 50 years ago...Recieved well by the public ..... yadda yadda yadda.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Does anyone have an idea on how the distribution of the FJC might go once things get rolling?? I mean, does the dealer put in a request for such and such or does Toyota just send whatever to each dealership??

·
Registered
51 Posts
other1 said:
Does anyone have an idea on how the distribution of the FJC might go once things get rolling?? I mean, does the dealer put in a request for such and such or does Toyota just send whatever to each dealership??
I was told by the internet sales manager at one dealership, and the general manager at another that some time in December Toyota would start taking preorders. At that point, they said we could enter my specific color/options/etc... in the computer and the factory would build to match that order. They both told me the order process would take ~ 60 days. Since two different dealerships ~90 miles apart told me the same thing, I assume it's probably true.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Fretjock said:
Here's a link to a guy that says he has test driven the FJ but can't talk about it until after Dec 26th.
http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee8cf8c
"Drove it today, but I can't talk about it until December 26th (at which point we'll have a full test to post on our site). However, I can say that my earlier prediction is now a statement of fact --

In six months, the FJ Cruiser will be the hottest SUV on the market."

That sums it up nicely - even if we have to wait for his test post.

So all you haters run out and get fitted for your H3's!

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to that Truck Trend article, the FJ is calling for Premium Unleaded???!!!!!!! Are you $h!tting me? If so, why? Is it because of the VVTI?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Maxxfish said:
According to that Truck Trend article, the FJ is calling for Premium Unleaded???!!!!!!! Are you $h!tting me? If so, why? Is it because of the VVTI?

higher compresssion to get the HP

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maxxfish said:
I have not yet seen the truck trend article, but my 05' tacoma runs great on regular unleaded fuel, with lots of power. Same engine the FJC will have.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree with csherrill. Recommended fuel type is to guarantee optimal performance of the vehicle, not what is necessarily needed. How much hp,etc could you lose by using 89 vs 91+ octane?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I just emailed the folks at Car Talk. Their reply was that your engine will suffer long term damage if you use the wrong grade of gas!

·
Registered
181 Posts
other1 said:
I just emailed the folks at Car Talk. Their reply was that your engine will suffer long term damage if you use the wrong grade of gas!
The way Toyota words it in the owner's manual is that for optimal performance use 91 octane but you can use 87 octane. At least that is what it says for the V8 that I have. It will not cause damage to this engine to use 87 octane.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts