Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen this light on the forums....When I found it at Canadian Tire I was almost giddy thinking about where it would fit......

Now if I can just find the right adhesive to keep it stuck in there. The sticky on it from the factory will not keep it stuck for more than a couple hours.

Any ideas?????

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
wow! That is a way cool light.. I will be looking for one like that one.. thanks for sharing.. Ok Now I giddy about it too..:lol:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The Red 3M Double Coated Urethane Foam Tape works excellent. You can find it at Home Depot or most hardware stores. Clean any oil or residue from the bonding surfaces with acetone. Many cities use this stuff to adhere road signs to the square metal posts.

In bonding rough or irregular surfaces, 3M™ Double Coated Foam Tapes fill gaps and distribute stress uniformly over the bonded area. Depending on the specific tape, the result is a bond line that seals, cushions and damps vibration, resists impact, withstands a wide temperature range, and provides good insulating qualities.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never thought of 3M tape but yeah that will work I am sure.....good call gon2srf.....Thanks. Home depot here I come.

BTW the light bar swivels fore and aft. You can tip it out to illuminate the cupholder, point it straight down for ambiant or tip it in on the switch panel....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You could try those command strips that are used on the removable wall hangers. Plus it would be easily removable w/o residue. Only downside is you'd have the tabs poking out a little

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks like a nice light, I like it!!!:rocker:

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Ok, I like it. I have an idea about how I want to do my interior lighting in front (if anyone has seen the LED lighting in a Chevy HHR, that is how I want to do it). But this is the way I will do it if I get lazy! Good find!!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am no electrical guy so this is the lazy way....and my way for now. But yeah I have seen some flush mounts that do look sweet. I saw a three bulb stip that would work but it needs a power source .... My power outlet already does duty with the GPS charger and phone charger. Luckily for long trips we plug in the laptop using the inverter in the back....with a small extension cord.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You really should consider adding an additional fuse block.

and run a three 12 volt power outlet strip along the right side of the shifter.

I bought this little guy to charge my IPOD and run my laptop.

Product Description
From the Manufacturer
Access instant AC household power in your car, truck, boat, SUV or RV with the Black & Decker 100 watt Power Inverter. Designed for life on the go and engineered for safety, durability and reliability, Black & Decker Power Inverters features both an AC and USB outlet to convert your vehicles 12 volt DC power to mobile 115 volt AC household power. The Power Inverter provides 100 watts of power to charge and power personal and mobile office equipment as well as tools, household appliances, lighting and more. Simply plug into vehicles DC accessory outlet and access instant 115 volt AC power on the road.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I certainly like the idea of more "power ports"......interesting indeed. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I certainly like the idea of more "power ports"......interesting indeed. Thanks for the info.
I know the electrical stuff seems daunting at first but once you add a fuse block (key switched, direct to batt. or both) hooking everything else up is just a matter of running the wire and choosing what you need. It's also much easier to take apart the dash and other parts than you would imagine. Take care.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
You could consider some magnets. No residue, can be repositioned when needed.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You could consider some magnets. No residue, can be repositioned when needed.
Most of the dash if not all, is plastic?

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am going to do the 3M tape....as soon as I get to Home Depot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts