Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a "heavy" OME lift installed.

the guy who installed is psyching me out. I don't have the new DeMello bumper or M8000 winch on yet (won't arrive until late next week).

They said to barely drive the thing until I get that equipment on, or else....also, they did not align the vehicle until I get these parts added.

I was hoping to make an inaugural trail run on a moderate trail this weekend, sans the bumper and winch. Is this a bad idea?

Any opinions on this?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I just got a "heavy" OME lift installed.

the guy who installed is psyching me out. I don't have the new DeMello bumper or M8000 winch on yet (won't arrive until late next week).

They said to barely drive the thing until I get that equipment on, or else....also, they did not align the vehicle until I get these parts added.

I was hoping to make an inaugural trail run on a moderate trail this weekend, sans the bumper and winch. Is this a bad idea?

Any opinions on this?

Thanks.
You can still drive it, but expect your tires to wear for those limited miles and your gas mileage to be crap. You won't be putting a lot of miles on it, so the tire issue is moot (if you were going to put thousands on w/o an allignment it would be a different story). The gas issue isn't a really big deal either. If you are lifting and putting weight in the front, you should be getting used to worse gas mileage anyway!

Have fun.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've been wheeling my OME heavies with no winch/winch bumper for about 3 months now with no problems. I got mine aligned after the springs had settled for about a week and half. I will have it realigned when I get the winch and winch bumper on...

Go Enjoy It!!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Go ahead, take that thing wheeling!!!:bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.