Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so the guys at Metaltech kept reeling me in. I am going with the Icon Stage 3, and I would rather not buy new wheels (because it's far too confusing to know what does and doesn't work, and I don't want spacers). Right now I have factory wheels and tires. Using the Icon Stage 3, what size tire can I put on there without a rub, 285/70/R15? I've read a ton of threads but nothing is clear, and I know you experts can spout it off the top of your head. So please forgive the re-ask.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting all my gear in and starting my build page! You guys are the best. I'd like to think you all help me save money, but you're making me spend it!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I am new around here too but confident you can comfortably run 285/75/16 with any 3 in kit. Friends got it on with no prbs

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
You would need a "body mount chop" job, just to be in the safe side. I run BFG 285/75/16 on ICON stage one (2" on the front), sometimes the tires rub against the body mount.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the body mount chop sounded worse than it is. I just want a tiny bit larger tire, so I will work it out with the guy who installs my lift kit to go ahead and do that while he's got it up on the lift. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Honestly I haven't done that job, so I dont know the pros and cons. The car's tires slighty rub when I take a sharp crub and braking at the same time. You might now need it, some members had no issues whatsoever. Get the lift job done first and test the car, you could do the "Chalk test" just to make sure that everything is going okay. Look it up! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts