Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these up from Cowboy4x4 for $39. He had a few pairs at the Meet and Greet so you could PM him to see if he has any more.

If you have nitrogen charged shocks you'll have to jack up the truck body and let the axle droop.

Installed

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
But I might be wrong. I have the AllPro ones, and they go the other way.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I also have the AllPro, and I mounted it the same way.

WOW
that is cleannnnnnnnnnnn.
I like the looks of the shock skid in REDDDDDDDD. Matches the TRD shock nicely. Might have to remove mine and do a little rattle canning.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I picked these up from Cowboy4x4 for $39. He had a few pairs at the Meet and Greet so you could PM him to see if he has any more.

If you have nitrogen charged shocks you'll have to jack up the truck body and let the axle droop.

Installed

The shock guards are mounted backwards - turn them around and reinstall...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The shock guards are mounted backwards - turn them around and reinstall...:bigthumb:
Long story so I'll start with the punch line: one of the guards was about 1/16" longer than the other. (Figures that I would grab that one first). When I first tried fitting it the shock bolt would not seat properly and I convinced myself that the guard had to mount the other way around. I don't automatically call up a vendor and start venting so I turned the thing around and bolted it down.

Later I called up Thomas (Cowboy4x4) and we talked about it so I dismounted both guards and lined them up side by side and saw the height difference. I took the shorter one and it fit the "right" way with no problems. I took the other one and a big metal file and played human milling machine until it was shorter, painted it black and remounted it.

Thanks for keeping an eye on things for me Larry!

Now what I want is a collar of metal around the bolt, similar to the way the diff drain bolt is.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just talked to Thomas and he is going to make some with the extra collar to protect the bolt then we'll swap.

I also like how this design fits close to the shock mounts's body so that they won't easily fill up with dirt yet still have a drain hole to let out any water.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ask and you shall recieve....

here is the side view

So here is the deal.....everyone that has bought the old design PM me ,I will give you my address ,then if you mail back to me the original pair undamaged,I will send you the updated version even swap.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Do you have a direct side view of the newer version?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ask and you shall recieve....

So here is the deal.....everyone that has bought the old design PM me ,I will give you my address ,then if you mail back to me the original pair undamaged,I will send you the updated version even swap.
WOW!!! COOL!! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
16,660 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Very nice cowboy.:clap: I'll be sending you a PM for a set.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Newbie question. how do i install these? im not real mechanically inclined...so how do remove the bolt so I dont get killed?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Send Cowboy a PM

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts