Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these on a lot of the Australian 4WD youtube channels for a while now, but it looks like they're now available to the public.
They aren't cheap... AUD 499 v AUD 299 for the old version.
I've had the old version for 5 or 6 years now, and they're great, although most of teh teeth have been melted by spinning tires, they still work and haven't cracked or perished in any way.

I'll wait for the new model to arrive locally before I buy them - I'm not going to pay international shipping - I'm not made of money! ;-)

https://www.maxtrax.com.au/maxtrax-xtreme-safety-orange

·
Desert Moderator
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a review by one of the youtube channels

They're good, but don't go throwing your old maxtrax out to replace with these.
Also - They're expensive at $500 + shipping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think I remember the reviewer indicated he had some tire damage from the Extremes but did not go into detail other than it would wear off at some point. Would have been great to see pictures of his observations in the video. I was on the fence between these and the TredPro to minimize risks of melting and tire damage. Will have to flip a coin............

·
Desert Moderator
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I remember the reviewer indicated he had some tire damage from the Extremes but did not go into detail other than it would wear off at some point. Would have been great to see pictures of his observations in the video. I was on the fence between these and the TredPro to minimize risks of melting and tire damage. Will have to flip a coin............
Tred pro are good, but they are a bit brittle. I've heard plenty of stories of them breaking/cracking. Maxtrax are superior IMO

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,270 Posts
I own a set of the standard ones but have yet to use them. But in the past, and I shall buy another set, we used fibreglass grid, off cuts from construction and now widely sold for 4x4. They work as traction mats but are also strong enough to use bridging (unlike MaxTrax, Tred etc) and cost about £30 a pair

·
Registered
57 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts