Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But not for much longer... Here is my current ride.

It's an 06 Saab 93 Aero. But in all honesty, I'm not very pleased with it in terms of reliability. It's currently in the shop a 3rd time and I think I've had it. This time was I was driving on the highway and it just quit. Had to coast to safe stop avoiding faster traffic... :boohoo: Saab doesn't pay for rental cars and after 3 times of this, they're not doing anything to keep me loyal so I plan on moving on. I'll either sell it or trade it in. It just depends.

Anyway, why I'm here is because my wife and I went looking at FJ's and I'm really digging them! I'm an avid hunter and I think it's time for me to move on from the car world to something more durable that I can take into the woods! :)

Anyway, this is a great and resourceful site! And I'm sure I'll be lingering around for a while. I'll let you all know when I make the jump. Should be in the next week or two.

Thanks!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,237 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Git er done.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
The FJ is a good choice.

In a previous job (seems like life) I drove undercover for the government and was fortunate enough to be able to pick my car. I chose the Saab 9-5. It "blended", it was fast, it handled well and even had air conditioned seats. About 2000 miles later, I blew the engine. And picked another Saab 9-5, which I loved. It lasted about 3000 miles (a month or so) and the engine blew. So I ordered another Saab 9-5 --- because I liked the drive, the power, the lay-out, etc. It lasted about a month and the head gasket went. So I swapped it out for a Yukon.

I loved driving the Saab. But even "free" they became more work than they were worth.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The FJ is a good choice.

In a previous job (seems like life) I drove undercover for the government and was fortunate enough to be able to pick my car. I chose the Saab 9-5. It "blended", it was fast, it handled well and even had air conditioned seats. About 2000 miles later, I blew the engine. And picked another Saab 9-5, which I loved. It lasted about 3000 miles (a month or so) and the engine blew. So I ordered another Saab 9-5 --- because I liked the drive, the power, the lay-out, etc. It lasted about a month and the head gasket went. So I swapped it out for a Yukon.

I loved driving the Saab. But even "free" they became more work than they were worth.

Welcome to the forum.
Another classic "Sob Story"... er... "Saab Story"

I wonder if that's why they call them that???

Steve

·
Registered
369 Posts
nice to meet ya, welcome. You'll learn a lot here, and meet some pretty great people.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think I enjoy driving my wife's 93'aero almost as much as the FJ. Different type of pleasure, but definitely in the same opium den.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Was working for SAAB a couple of years ago always loved their Aero-models (with only a couple of hundret sold in Austria, it was a pretty exclusive ride). However, I would not trade my FJ for any SAAB any more.....Ideally, keep both - if not, go for the FJ:) Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm also a SAABer, currently driving a an 01' 9-5 SE, wish I had an Aero. Can't complain though. I got a great deal on mine and it's been a pretty nice ride. Got a new turbo, throttle body, cats, and exhaust at 80K but that was covered under warranty. It's a wonderful driving car but I've got the FJ bug bad. Hopefully I'll have a cruiser in a couple of months.

Let us know when you get your FJ!

-Jade

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 93 is a blast to drive. That's for sure. After all, how many manufacturers put turbo's on their V6 models? So it's really got some pep to it. Has rear-wheel steering, which you can feel in the corners. But when that's all said and done, if I can't rely on it, what good are those other things?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wahoo!! Took one for a test drive at lunch! I was impressed with the ride quality! Of course, I drive a very low sitting, sporty suspension vehicle every day where every bump is felt. I enjoyed the smooth quality of the FJ! I really never gunned it but I could tell it had plenty of power and was no slouch.

I definitely want the upgrade package 2 and the convenience package and I want it in silver. I'll be going on another ride again but this time taking the wife. I'll let you all know what she thinks of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ugh, my great father in law mentioned just getting an extended warranty for my Saab. But I don't want to do that now!!! I want the FJ! My wife is leaning towards the extended warranty route. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts