Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I just took delivery of a new 2011 FJ Cruiser ten days ago. It was not even in the US yet when I bought it, LOL. Iceberg white. 2WD, no offroad stuff. Love the look and feel, the quality, and the ability to tow small-medium sized stuff.

I already have replaced the door 6x9 speakers using the mod posted at:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...08215-how-install-new-6x9-speakers-doors.html

The 6x9 mod works well, but I did find an option on ebay that I think would have fit without having to drill new holes into the metal for the new speaker mounting screws.

Next I replaced the dashboard speakers, adjusted their level, and crossed them over.

Now I have something that sounds reasonable! :clap:

I will be posting pictures and some additional information about the audio upgrade once I figure out the forum and where to post the pics and other info of the 2011 mod.

Next step: disable the "vibrating exciter" so-called speakers (noise makers) in the headliner. For now, faded all the way to front to knock them out.

Loving my new FJ, except the $55 I spent today to fill the gas tank! :mecry: Well, I knew that going into this.

I love the forums here, and I have been reading them for several months before even purchasing my FJ Cruiser.

-FJ Florida-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Welcome aboard. What part of FL are you in? You should check out the Florida subforum in the South Eastern section. Nice work so far.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You sound like you are off to a great start in modifing your rig to your liking!
What part of Florida? Gainesville area here!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Welcome! :wave:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Congrats & Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
North Florida. Anyone else nearby?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Post up a few pics of your mods as you go along and what part of Florida you reside?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Welcome to the Forum! Post up a few pics of your mods as you go along and what part of Florida you reside?
North Florida. I just posted a very long thread in the audio/electronics forum for my 2011 FJ audio mod. Since I am a flat-lander here in Florida, I won't be adding a bunch of offroad gear, but I do have a few things in mind ... it's all about money.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
33 Posts
FJ Florida
I work for Toyota at the port. I do not work for Southeast Toyota (SET), but I have an office inside their building at the port.

The vessels are definitely huge as is JaxPort.

Just ordered an Iceberg White FJ yesterday through company. I have to wait awhile for it to get here, but it's worth it.

Congrats on new ride!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts