Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I should have joined in 2006 when I got my FJ. It's now rusty with 166k. I feel like it's broken in now. It's got a Smitty Winch Bar, M1 with a 9500k watertight winch, blaring offload lights in the bar, BF Goodies AT2, Bilstein 2 5100's, Optima Red Top, K&N Aftermarket Filter, Air Compressor, ARB Recovery Kit, LEDs replaced most factory lights鈥攕o it's like looking into the sun with binoculars, but I keep them off in the city. I'm going to upgrade the control arms, rear bumper, tires and wheels next and I'm thinking of adding a front locker, and replacing roof rack at some point鈥攎aybe.

I'll be looking at your build.

I make two outdoor adventure magazines. One for salt water anglers, and the other for all kinds of outdoor stuff including hunting and angling, dogs, mountain climbing. Not offloading though although trucks are always in the background, behind the scenes. Always looking for the next adventure. We have contributors who go to Antarctica and people from all over the world. It's a ton of fun.

Nice to meet all you FJ Land Cruiser people. I wave when I see at least 1 upgrade from stock. Is that wrong? 馃嚭馃嚥

Be well,

Mike

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Greetings from VT (formerly TX 馃)! I always wave but rarely get one back...curious if you do?
Yes, I do get the FJ waves in Texas, but we also wave at Jeeps, everybody waves except people who never go off-road. Usually a wench means a wave.

Registered
Hi mikethomasahn, welcome from central Ohio!
Better to wave and not get one back, than to act like you drive an ordinary vehicle :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Because I bought it while living in Wisconsin. Spent 3 winters with it there. Wish I hadn't but also loved trucking through snow everywhere, too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Because I bought it while living in Wisconsin. Spent 3 winters with it there. Wish I hadn't but also loved trucking through snow everywhere, too.
Welcome!!! Why do you have rust in Texas?
Thenak you!! And, it's rusty because I bought it while living in Wisconsin. Spent 3 winters with it there. Wish I hadn't but also loved trucking through snow everywhere, too. <--posted incorrectly, this was for you @BadWolf I passed a fair number of minivans stuck in the ice and snow over the years...I wave at them, too. It's kind of mean, I know.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts