Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Andrew and I drive an '08 FJC with a few updates from original. I have had my FJ for 7 years now and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm slowly setting it up as an overlanding rig, but it is still my daily driver. I'll post more about it in time, but wanted to say hi for now.

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
44,582 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: Lynam3dad

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, British Columbia! Beach camping looks like a lot of fun- any more pics of you (and your FJ) out exploring the Wild?

·
Premium Member
17,194 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,670 Posts
Hi Lynam3dad, welcome from Ohio!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Reactions: mA10 and Lynam3dad

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Welcome to the show!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Looking forward to your participation on the forums! :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nice! Don't ever see dune buggies on trail. Cool video.
I'm an old VW nut; I built a few engines and built up a couple of cars when I was younger, and as well as my '08 FJ, I still have a VW project in the garage. A bunch of friends own the buggies, and if you keep them VW based they're a relatively cheap way to have another vehicle for offroading (if you don't count the truck and the trailer to haul them- funny they don't see that part!). A couple of the guys have gone to bigger power (1 is Honda S2000 and bus irs trans, the other is Honda 3.5 liter V6 and aftermarket Mendeola 4 speed transaxle), custom longer travel suspensions and they're both MONSTERS, but now now they're in the neighborhood (cost wise) of my modified FJ (and of course, that's not counting their labor). The guy with the 3.5 liter buggy is one of my best friends (42 years so far and counting- the girls introduced us, and we've done more together than the girls pretty much since day 1), is probably the best mechanic I know and quite the fabricator- he designed the suspension on his buggy (somewhere around 13-15" travel I think) and he's the guy that installed the OME lift (895, 885 springs and SPC uca's) for me in an afternoon. I did help, but if I'd done it alone it would have taken 3 or 4 days. It's a thing of beauty to watch someone with all the right tools who really knows what he's doing.

Rick's S2000 powered beast (that's my son with the big smile)-
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2008 Sandstorm Automatic Upgrade Package II
1,126 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Nothing better than the FJ for overlanding! Looks like you are off to a great start on your rig.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Sky

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting swaps for the dune buggys, Saw an article where a garage is installing a K20 4 banger in a Corvette. Engine will make 800 plus HP when they are done with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts