Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the forum-ish. I've been here before in the past looking for something specific, but I'm back now for good I think. I bought my 2008 FJ back in 2012 and it remained relatively stock. I painted the silver bumpers black with plasti-dip but that was about it.

Lately I've caught the bug and decided to do some modding. I want to lift it properly, but then I won't fit in the garage at my apartment, so that's off the table for now. I had also planned on getting custom front and rear bumpers with a winch and light bars, but I think it might look odd on stock tired and lift, so I'm waiting on that as well.

I've not done much off-roading besides some simple fire trails, but in the future I'd like to do more.

For now I'm looking at some simple stuff. I just ordered the Tuffy Rear Storage drawer and I'm excited to put that in. My next two planned mods are an Ultra Gauge that I want to mount to that big plain silver dashboard spot to the left of the steering wheel, and a bluetooth stereo.

Umm, my FJ is black, about 150K miles, and I love it. Not sure what else to say. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Forgot to mention I just put on some White Knuckle Offroad rock sliders.

Here's how it looks now:

This was a couple weeks ago when I decided to paint the front plastidip blue. I think I'll paint the side mirrors to match:

This was back in December when my wife and I drove from So Cal up to Montana. My first time driving in real snow:

·
Premium Member
16,340 Posts
Nice looking sliders.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome from WA!

Nice ride! Definitely like the blue grill mod :bigthumb:

Do you really have plate number 1? Or are you driving around with it masked off like that? Congrats on the former, but serious warning on the latter - I hear that messing with your plates brings steep penalties.

Dan

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome from the SoCal Hi-Desert!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks all!

Welcome from the SoCal Hi-Desert!!!!
I should have mentioned, I'm from So Cal as well (Orange County).

Do you really have plate number 1? Or are you driving around with it masked off like that? Congrats on the former, but serious warning on the latter - I hear that messing with your plates brings steep penalties.
I don't actually have that plate, I just decided to have a little fun in censoring it. It's a normal plate when I drive it around.

Nice looking sliders.
I used this forum to help me pick the sliders. I debated a long time on which I liked the best, but in the end, I love the way these match the stock roof rack look.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I agree about waiting on the bumpers. They add a bit of weight and will likely lower the vehicle a bit. You might look at the Bilstein 5100 shocks that would allow you to adjust it back to current height, or thereabout.

Good looking ride.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Welcome to the FJ Cruiser community

1 - 15 of 15 Posts