Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

i am new to this forum, former owner of a honda element awd, current owner of a honda civic Si.

my first car was a honda element 4wd, i loved that car so much, but being a student at the time, found out with with the heavy volume of miles i was putting on my car, i quickly figured out that the gas was killing me. So after a year of ownership, i traded it in for my 07' civic Si sedan. Having owned this car for over a year, i love it, its fast, roomy, great on gas mileage, and a handsome looking car imo, however, it lacked the characteristics of my element.

About a month after buying my civic, i started working for Keyes Lexus in Van nuys as a full time flagging technician. having been there for about a year now, i finally have enough money to own two cars, and not have to worry about debt.

Ive always loved the Fj cruiser but never thought that i would be able to buy one anytime soon because of the beefy engine.

About a week ago, i talked to my buddy who is also the fleet manager of keyes toyota, and i was quoted 24k for a sandstorm 4wd fj with the convenience and off road packages, so my friends, in about 2 months, i predict myself picking up one of these bad boys and hopefully get out on the trails with the friendly people of this forum.

Wish me luck guys! ive learned so much from this great place and finally decided to register today. happy father's day!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!:wave:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good luck.
Sandstone is a great color too!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the forum, it's a very big and grazy family. Enjoy the madness of this beautiful FJC jungle. :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Welcome!!! Great info, fun and folks!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i absolutely know i wont be regretting the purchase.

Working on alot of lx470's at the dealership which have a very close platform to the Fj, i know its very capable.

also working on alot of 4runners in my time with the same 4.0 power plant, i know its a very reliable, and potent engine. i appreciate everyone reading my first post, and i can easily say that i am happy to be part of the crew!

·
Premium Member
17,098 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
welcome and send us a pic when ya get it