Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’ve been an owner of a 07 FJ Cruiser without any improvements or any of that. I’m just now, a member of this site.
Recently the back door is giving me problems. It closes but it does not turn off the red alert on the dashboard. Also, the silver painting is coming off. On the hood especially. And some other small things (like bulb/filter/oil changes) but not a big issue. I know I am a looooooong way from improving the things, as many are expensive and replacements are probably really scarce by now. But I was also curious as to where you guys buy your parts.

(This isn’t my car but it looks exactly like this, minus the step; my steps are a long metallic silver step)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello, I’ve been an owner of a 07 FJ Cruiser without any improvements or any of that. I’m just now, a member of this site.
Recently the back door is giving me problems. It closes but it does not turn off the red alert on the dashboard. Also, the silver painting is coming off. On the hood especially. And some other small things (like bulb/filter/oil changes) but not a big issue. I know I am a looooooong way from improving the things, as many are expensive and replacements are probably really scarce by now. But I was also curious as to where you guys buy your parts.
View attachment 1117609
(This isn’t my car but it looks exactly like this, minus the step; my steps are a long metallic silver step)
Don’t worry about replacements. Toyota still manufactures FJ parts and will do for a long time to come!

·
Premium Member
16,366 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
The door switch that Hannibal pointed out, there is a little rubber piece on the back door that pushes that switch it might have fell off

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
The back door can be pretty heavy and flexes when closing the rubber piece pushes the switch. it keeps the switch from being crushed if the door is closed when the body is flexed a little bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts